Ballistix Sport LT Overclocking

Ree

Ree

Associate
3200 ballistix tactical tracer now available if anyone wants rgb. i imagine it'll be e-die too.

**Competitor link removed**

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Is there any real difference between the Sport LT and Sport AT sets of RAM?

I think are the same identical ram.
Maybe is just spd data loaded slightly different, cause on LT thaiphoon detect D9VPP chip e-die part number, wich is 19nm.
Instead on AT series thaiphoon not detect part number (just mt40a1g8sa-083e:e ) and 16nm.

The point is that both set should have C9BJZ as real chip part number as many review show under heatsink... so basically are the same, micron e-die.

Associate
Count me as one of the lucky ones with this kit.

Have it running at 3733MHz 16-18-12-12-36 without issue (HCI 12 hours).

Advised my friend to get the same kit but he can't go over 3400MHz, though he's able to get timings decent enough.

Soldato
Just read through this thread and subscribed as I too bought this 2 x 16Gb kit on tamzzy's recommendation when it was on offer.
I've got a 3600 due for delivery on monday, My cpu cooler arrived yesterday and now just to wait on my motherboard appearing.
I have no clue about RAM timings so will try Tamzzys 36xx and XMP settings first!

Man of Honour
ok in the interests of overclocking...i've spent this evening having a go at tightening my timings from the stock xmp settings...
so as most of you will know, i've got 2x16gb sticks...
running at 3600mt/s, these are my oc settings below. it's a quick and dirty oc (yet again) as i've only spent 3-4h inclusive of a cursory 20 min stress test.
could the timings be tighter? possibly/probably? but it seems decent enough for now, so imma gonna leave it alone if it passes an overnight stress test...
(ill stress test these overnight tonight...)
*disclaimer: as always, ymmv*

other settings not shown: power down mode = disabled. soc oc mode = enabled. cpu llc = normal. soc llc = low
dZ6nzWt.png
k4h848v.jpg
dkY0etV.jpg
tYcALNK.jpg

ioHixNm.png

Last edited:
Associate
I just accidentally received another 2 x 8GB of this memory. I ordered some in July when it was on offer but out of stock and forgot to cancel the order. Trying to decide whether to keep it or send it back. Can't see me getting 3733 C16 on 4 sticks so I'd probably have to drop the speed to run 32GB. Probably overkill anyway.

Soldato
So, Whats the recommendations for someone that has never done any overclocking or adjustments in their life? Tbh, I've never updated a bios in my life either :D

Man of Honour
@michty_me
Mine was a quick and dirty overclock - I care more about playing games than getting 110% from my hardware. With that disclaimer out of the way...
1) enable xmp/docp
2) set soc voltage to 1.1v
3) set memory voltage to 1.4v
4) set vtt to 0.7v
5) set memory multi to 36x
6) set infinity fabric to 1800
7) profit???

I left everything else at auto ;)

Associate
Hi! New to this forum (and messing with ram). I'm having trouble getting my ballistix sport lt 3200 cl16 (2x8gb)
to run stable. System specs:
  • Memory: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT V2 Single Rank DDR4-3200 DIMM CL16 Dual Kit (BLS2K8G4D32AESBK)
  • Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX
  • Processor:Ryzen 3600 (stock settings)
  • SSD: Intel 660P 1tb
I have tried to input settings on BIOS using the DRAM Calculator for Ryzen v1.6.2. Tried the safe and fast presets, both unstable. Also, both of these settings seem to drop the memory speed to 2400mhz, I'm not sure if it is resetting to default values, or if the settings never get saved correctly. I also tried the XMP profiles 1 & 2, with 2 I'm able to boot but the Memtest86 fails after a short time. What could I be doing wrong? Sidenote: Boot time is really slow, over 40 seconds to desktop. Also, if someone has achieved working settings on this memory kit I would appreciate if you could share your settings.

Soldato
Welcome to the forums!
Have a look at Tamzzys post above. Essentially the same RAM but different sizes. I believe he said the DRAM calculator isn't the best for Micron E-die.

Soldato
That's me all setup with drivers etc now.
Ive only been in the bios once but sure I noticed my ram sitting at 2400mhz is this just the default it will sit at until I actually set stuff?

Back
Top Bottom