Barack Obama wins the Nobel Peace Prize

Soldato
I think it's more the fact there are more deserving winners that's the problem here. Obama needs neither the attention or the money, so why give it to him, he doesn't deserve it.

I'd have much more respect for Obama if actually declined this and said "Perhaps in a while, but it's all work in progress at the moment".

The truth is the honest, ordinary people that give their lives to helping others working in charities medicine without borders etc that need a pat on the back. Todays prize, along with big Al's is a complete and utter waste. I wonder what Nobel himselve would have thought about it?

Caporegime
Agreed.

Nice to see the Republicans turn things like the Olympics bid and his speech to school kids into a partisan issue just to hurt Obama. Bunch of retards.

Agreed, while the world ragged on Bush heavily he was amongst world leaders, regarded as the main push behind the most significant peace talks between Israel and Palestine to date, only when it was becoming clear that Obama, his Israel ex soldier advisor and his incredibly pro Israel anti palestine rhetoric at jewish yearly meetings for years did the peace talks utterly break down.

As for anti proliferation and disarmament/de-activating nukes, I see no action, but lets be honest the same generic speech every world leader has made for the past 40 years. Those with the nukes have been saying disarmament, and those without have been screaming it, so suddenly a black guy says it, with nothing to actually back it up, and its a nobel peace prize?

As someone said, its a freaking peace prize, you're supposed to have DONE SOMETHING to deserve it, not hopefully maybe do something to deserve it in the future, on the back of making the same decisions and speeches that almost every world leader for decades has made.

As for Pakistan being the biggest threat to the US and UK, thats funny, because for 4-5 years now Obama has been saying Iran is the biggest threat, bar none.

As for labeling Afghanistan a war of attrition, why, why on earth is it a war of attrition? They are supposed to happen when people are in a stalemate, we're only in a stalemate because of bumbling leaders, bad plans of lack of commitment. Whatever it is we're supposed to be doing over there, would be better and easier served with a quick overwhelming campaign, than a prolonged risky hope and pray tactic.

Back
Top Bottom