barton overclocks :)

Soldato
I think DFI was the best board to mount it on for the FSB side of things, my NF7 didnt go much beyond 220.
Iam sticking with socket a for as long as possible till all the new technology sorts itself out and comes down to the same value for mhz as socket a gives . If I need more power I could always try a Mach 2 and get 64bit performance.

Timings are very important, get 2-2-2-5 bh5 ram and your do far better.

edit:
I actually was looking for the utility that can compare different cores and fsb/multiples. You select a core and turn the dial and it shows the real speed? I got link from this forum but cant find it now or remember the util name.

Just brought a dltc3 and want to know how fast it is compared to a xpm

Last edited:
Soldato
I need a new motherboard for my current rig, I'm tempted to downgrade to an XP-m just for fun. :eek: With my new Mach 2 I would be unstopable. :p Cavemanoc wouldn't stand a chance!:p

Now if I could just remember who I sold my old XP-m to.:o

Soldato
I used to run my XP-M at 2.5GHZ (12.5 x 200) 100% stable in an Abit NF7-S motherboard. Didn't push the FSB further as I only had value PC3200 memory.

That was about it's limit as I only had air cooling.

Temperatures were a problem during summer. My CPU was idling at well over 50 degrees, I hate to think how high it went under load :eek:

Great chips though, a P4 socket 478 killer in their day :)

Soldato
weescott said:
Now if I could just remember who I sold my old XP-m to.:o

lol im in the same boat. i sold it to someone on these forums, but cant remember who. if your still out there and dont want the xp-m anymore, i may have it back :D (its the one with the big chip down one side of the core)

Man of Honour
excellent chips the Barton Mobiles :) Got an XP2500 M running here on an NF7-S v2. Happily ticking away at 215 x 11 @ 2.4Ghz, but that's no where near the max i could push it. havent bothered going high on the voltages for a while, might have a play sometime :)

Soldato
Baddass said:
excellent chips the Barton Mobiles :) Got an XP2500 M running here on an NF7-S v2. Happily ticking away at 215 x 11 @ 2.4Ghz, but that's no where near the max i could push it. havent bothered going high on the voltages for a while, might have a play sometime :)

yup, ive got a very good barton desktop xp2500. 220*11 on stock volts. average temp is 36* through the day, whilst sat next to a hot radiator and playing game. it is air cooled and almost silent.

Soldato
suicidle_tramp said:
What board is it? I've got an asus and it won't let me go to 220.

Always a little disappointed with the Socket A Asus's's's. My old A7N8X deluxe was one of the lucky ones (could godd 'all' the way to 200FSB!) TBH, the only one I'd use would be the A7n8x-e deluxe, and even then you're limiting yourself - if you want nice easy stable oc'ing, the NF7's ver 2 was awesome, and well worth the £25-30 they cost :p (Always wanted to try a DFI, but there was never one around when I needed it - the ability to go beyond 250FSB would be a huge advantage in Superpi with the right memory - still give some of the A64's a run for their money!)

Associate
Mine's stable, check sig :)
Running 2x1gb of Elixir crap cas 3 ram at 2.5-3-3-11 in a NF7S-rev2. I can't boot at 220 even with slacker timings.

I ordered my Opty 165 & Asus A8 board finally as I want to have PCIx and SATA2.
However, I do love this chip very much! It has two places in weescotts list. Concorde Rules who I bought this chip from and myself at 2.64ghz on air.
My PSU is holding me back no doubt.
Thinking of trading this ram for some uber 1gb kit.
Or should I keep it for A64?

Back
Top Bottom