"based on your headphone usage over the last seven days, the volume has been turned down to protect

Associate
I did ask in The Official iOS 14 Thread but was wondering if many people was getting this message since the upgrade to 14.2? Every 30 minutes or so, the Volume goes down on earphones? and i get a message saying "based on your headphone usage over the last seven days, the volume has been turned down to protect your hearing"

I have the Reduce loud sounds option switched off but its still happening.

DTw

DTw

Associate
Same **** is happening to me, and the thing is i’m in my car on the bluetooth and it thinks it’s a headphone or something so it turns down the volume . Still haven’t found any way to turn that **** off. And none says anything online . Worst ******* update ever

Commissario
I replied in the iOS 14 thread and my answer is the same here:

There is no fix for this.

Settings
Sound & Haptics
Headphone Safety
Then tap on ‘Learn More...’

The seven day limit notification is based on WHO sound exposure limits. The phone will measure audio playback levels for seven days and based on the combination of sound levels and time, the volume will be adjusted and you'll be notified. Don't blame Apple for this because as far as I'm aware, they're enforcing a WHO safety limit.

DTw

DTw

Associate
Yeah well i’m still blaming Apple for not having the option to set a Bluetooth device as not being headphone or headset or earphones or whatever. Then I wouldn’t have this issue in my car.
And U.S citizens don’t have this issue. Its a stupid European law.

Soldato
Auto volume levelling has always been a had idea. Apple have no idea how loud your music really is if you're using anything other than their own earpods. It's completely counterproductive to limit the source volume when you're connected to other earphones or devices such as Head units etc. All it will do is lower the signal level, which lowers the dynamic range, makes it sound worse and you have to increase the volume on the connected device to compensate. Its just dumb.

Soldato
Imagine putting your shopping through the supermarket tills and having a message pop up saying "Owing to the calories detected in your basket, these Mars Bars are not available for purchase to protect you from obesity."

Madness!

Soldato
I get having a warning but actually turning the volume down is annoying. Especially as most of my music playtime is in the car and so the volume is controlled by the stereo and not the phone.

Oh well, hopefully they give an option to turn it off but I don’t really hold out much hope.

Back
Top Bottom