Basic electrical wiring help plz

Soldato
I'm trying to wire up a basic extractor fan system, but having very basic knowledge of the wiring trends, I'm confused by what's in front of me.

photo397001.jpg

What's bothering me, is that the black cable is marked with an N on the box, and the blue with an L, I odn't want to have to start swapping cables around and blowing a new fan. Can someone who knows tell me where to stick the cables?

Soldato
the brown, black and grey (middle 3) are for 3 phase power, I'd imagine you could just use one of these to your Brown (Live) but I'm not sure. Blue to Blue (neutral), there is no earth presumably because it's an enclosed plastic system?

Soldato
this one has a built in switch (that's what the white wires are I presume)
other than that it has 3 phase live and a neutral

That makes sense, brown, black and grey for 3-Phase and a blue neutral connection. The connector on the left with 2 white wires is a switched live and is unused. Like you said, you probably can just use the one phase and neutral.

Blue -> Blue
Brown -> Brown
Tape up the earth.

Soldato
OP
From what I can tell;

Brown - Blue
Blue - Black
Earth to Brown.

But how are you planning to switch it on and off?

Works, but is slow, I don't think that that's the correct way. I have a standard on/off switch, nothing fancy.

The wiring instructions on the leaflet are
photo399001.jpg

The middle one is supposed to refer to my model.

THanks for the help guys

Soldato
There is no earth on this, don't hook it up to anything (earth is green or green/yellow or a metal fixture on the casing if it is metal). Can you tell us what the two bigger white wires are connected to on the fan? is it a switch or speed controller?

Soldato
I normaly just poke em in random orders till it turns if it dont ever turn then you know ya got em wrong once :p.

sorry :) not funny, any ways i have no idea im still waiting to get mine fitted and i aint gonna try and do it tbh as it will go pop probably tho i did wire up a load of cnc parts via 240 last year but meh.

good luck.

Back
Top Bottom