Basic PC build

Associate
OP
Hi All,

I'm havin minor problem with putting together my PC.

I'm trying to connect the power switch, reset switch, HD led and power led to my motherboard.

I've had a look on the Asrock site and had to zoom in on the schematics of the motherboard (in the mother board manual pdf) and managed to see where the Power switch, reset button and HD led go but in the motherboard there are only 2 pins for the power led but the cable has a 3pin wide connector on it with wires going into the outer two pin holes.

If anyone could help by perhaps posting a quick drawing or something i would be very grateful.

Many THanks.

Soldato
You just cut it in half mate- I commonly have to do it with Asus motherboards as most cases are like that so you just cut it down the middle section of the connector which isn't used :)

Associate
OP
Ah right cheers mate,

Just so i dont screw it up i want to double check im basically cutting out pin hole number 2 (middle one) from the connector?

Also, am i righ in thinking that on all the connectors i mentioned in the last post the part of the connector that says "Reset Switch" (or whatever it supposed to be) faces outwards?

Thanks for ** help on the led bit.

Back
Top Bottom