Battery Replacement for Macbook Air 13'

Associate
Hello!
My battery is currently fried due to water damage. I am looking to replace my battery, but do not know which brand would be the best. I have read mixed reviews about ifixit and do not feel comfortable trusting Amazon reviews...I was also hoping to avoid the cost of a new battery from Apple....Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here is information on my computer:
Macbook Air 13' (early 2015)
Model A1466

Thank you so much!

Associate
I tried two replacement batteries for my 2013 Macbook Air in the past. One was a "genuine" from ebay that lasted exactly 1 month past the 12 month warranty and then started cutting out at about 20% constantyly. The other was the one linked above made by 2 power but sold by duracell. It seemed ok, but again within 18 months it was showing much worse life / performance than the original one ever did. I'd say after about 18 months it was as useless as the 5 year old original one I replced the first time around.

After that I gave up and bought the M1 air instead.

Soldato
thanks
i've been in the market for a new mac for a long time. almost bought an Air but then heard rumours of the 14" MBP so didn't buy anything!
i replaced the original battery in my 2010 MBP with a Newertech after about 3/4 years. used it for several years, then went back to the original.
it's just inconvenient now having to plug in most of the time. just exploring the option if i should spend £70 on a battery to get another year or so out of this Mac or just save the money toward a new one.

Back
Top Bottom