*** Battlefield 1 ***

Soldato
If your going to learn to be a good scout, you're going to have to practice your sidearm and melee skills if you're going to have a chance when you do get on a flag. Personally I'd avoid using gas under those circumstances because you are playing to the assault class's niche. The trick with gas is that an assault player can use it, don their gas mask and have no weapon penalty for a class of weapons that are already the best CQC weapons. For other classes I'd suggest the incendiary grenade is a more logical area clearance choice and will probably get you more kills.
Or a frag..

Tactics wise I'd be looking at learning where to give your teammates cover from when you are off the point (for each map and objective), and when the right time for you to join in the objective capture is, and when you need to be getting back out into the field to provide your team with cover again and which direction you should be going to achieve that (often not with the main zerg).

Also it doesn't seem like it, but k bullets can really help your team out with vehicles. You'll barely ever get the kill, but what you can ensure is that a damaged, retreating tank is unable to repair as you keep pinging it. This will allow your assault and support players to swarm it.
And don't be the selfish sniper, spot the enemies for your team. Winning is the name of the game not having the highest KD on the server.

Soldato
I found that gas is easily countered by the mask. Fire though isn't :)

That's my point about the assault class. They can throw the gas and jump into the gas clearing people up with hip fire, other classes (except maybe support in certain circumstances) rely on ADS much more and in the gas cloud have to use a sidearm or melee. So if you're going to throw an area effect grenade into a bunker, use fire if you are not going to follow it immediately, if you want to dive in, use gas and the mask..

Does anyone else find the lack of tanks on all maps disappointing compared to bf4 and golmund etc? It's tricky at times even getting a single one.

Yes, I hate the vehicle spawn mechanic in BF1. If you race to chose a vehicle at the start, you invariably end up with an unsuitable tank as you'll get what you last used if you're not careful. Then the logic as to when tanks re-spawn seems to be broken (although not as broken as the release, where one team could be allocated the max number of tanks available on the server).

Last edited:
Associate
Does anyone else find the lack of tanks on all maps disappointing compared to bf4 and golmund etc? It's tricky at times even getting a single one.
Peronal opinion but feels to me that people often play safe with them to rack up their KD hence if you miss the window for one you're often in for a long wait to try again. The same people always then end up respawning in them. Was just talking about this last night with a friend that it'd be nice to have a mechanic that once someones been in for ages and then killed, it gives someone else a go at using a vehicle rather than letting the same person jump straight back in.

Soldato
Man I'm so bad with bolt action guns for scout. Well some games I'm ok and getting some kills at least but others i can't hit anything lol guess it takes practice.

Associate
Man I'm so bad with bolt action guns for scout. Well some games I'm ok and getting some kills at least but others i can't hit anything lol guess it takes practice.

I know the feeling mate, you just have to keep persevering with it. I was the same to begin with but slowly getting better with more practice. I find that on maps like Argonne Forest in particular, you don't stand a chance with being a scout due to how small and built up the area is. Maps such as Fao Fortress & Sinai Desert are much better in my opinion.

Liam.

Associate
I find the level 10 gun on medic unusable. I don't think the bullet goes where the iron sight is (it could be me but haven't had time to practice with it).
I need to find an empty map and check out where the bullets hit.

Soldato
I find the level 10 gun on medic unusable. I don't think the bullet goes where the iron sight is (it could be me but haven't had time to practice with it).
I need to find an empty map and check out where the bullets hit.

The autoloading 8 .35 is where it's at according to the Symthic lot.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Yeah the 1906 is pants. The .8 Marksman/Factory are good, but you need to be accurate.

I personally like the Autoloading 8 Extended, you can spam fire it and has a bigger mag.

Soldato
Yeah the 1906 is pants. The .8 Marksman/Factory are good, but you need to be accurate.

I personally like the Autoloading 8 Extended, you can spam fire it and has a bigger mag.

You need to be reasonably accurate, as at most ranges it's a 3 shot kill and you only have 5 in the mag, so 60% accuracy required (which isn't actually that hard for a DMR while it would be aimbot territory for an LMG or SMG). The real skill lies in how you engage as you're only going to be able to take one enemy at a time.

I'd argue it fits perfectly with the medic role as in the right hands it can out TTK an automatico IIRC, but you don't want to be on point with it. Let the assault class do their thing while you help them out picking off stragglers, then clean up after them and revive..

Note this is all in theory, I suck at the medic role as I like to get stuck in..

Last edited:

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Yeah that's a better way of putting it. :)

TBH I haven't played much of this for the last few weeks, not even much TSNP on CTE. Might try and get back into it soon.

Soldato
Actually on the subject of the class roles..

I notice that in general (and this includes me), players are point whores and will all bundle onto a flag for the points even though the max capture rate is reached at six players (if uncontested). The medics and recons should really be doing perimeter sweeps and covering the approaches rather than being the 9th man on the flag..

This would help protect the players who are on the flag from the grenade spam.
The real problem is, the points system does not encourage this behavior. I'd argue they've gone too far in bf1 rewarding objective play over kills, maybe they should give more points for savior kills..

Soldato
You been watching LevelCaps Casualfield video!? :D

How very dare you! :eek:

Those were genuinely my thoughts based mostly from marbleduck, the symthic forums and personal observations. I do sometimes watch lvlcap's musings but don't take all his 'facts' as gospel, he's often right but sometimes spectacularly wrong. Marbleduck's dissection of both lvlcap and xfactor's opinions are worth a watch even if the guy does come across as "somewhat" arrogant..

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Haha, Was only kidding, but he said a similar thing regarding capping/points farming etc. :)

I much prefer MD too over the other two. Don't mind Jack, but XF and Lvl are idiots.

Don
Selbtslader Mondragon Storm is my favoured Medic weapon, 10 shot, fast firing, you don't need to be that accurate, enemies just seem to absorb bullets very quickly from it :D. Usually with incendiary grenade, or light AT gren if it suits the map. +medi pack and syringe.

Martini as my Scout weapon. 90 damage minimum, so if you don't kill them and they're getting closer, a quick spray with your sidearm and they'll hit the deck. K bullets and spot flare, same grenades as above.

M97 backbored for Assault. Everyone cries 'noob' at shotgun users, but it's awesome :o, you can devastate a whole squad in no time from a decent flank), AT grens, AT gun and light AT gren, you can shread most vehicles on your own.

Support I change it up, I don't enjoy any of his weapons :( limpet is funny at times and I use the HE mortar.

Trying to level up my planes to 10, I use the right hand side plane (fighter?)

Last edited:
Soldato
Trying to level up my planes to 10, I use the right hand side plane (fighter?)

The trench fighter is probably the best one to use to quickly get points with. You are as manoeuvrable as other fighters and the Ariel Darts are OP when it comes to taking out infantry.

Very little fuss about new DLC on here? I'm kind of getting back into the game so not sure if I should splash the cash on premium....?...

I'm almost in the same boat, I've put nearly 200 hours into the game but can't bring myself to buy premium. I probably will end up getting it as I've had my money out of the game already.

Back
Top Bottom