*** Battlefield 1 ***

Soldato
The new game mode they introduced...... I've only played it once but it seemed never ending?!

I.e it would carry on until one of the teams pushed the other team back?

Frontlines? They can last anything from 10 minutes to an hour and 10 minutes! Some games can get a bit frustrating where your team is getting pushed back and forward and the other team is waiting for you every time, and you end up getting farmed. But the majority of games I've found to be pretty fun.

Soldato
Yeah our fastest stomp has been in just over 9 mins so far. If you have two balanced teams it could, in theory, go on for ever, but in practice people give up or have to go and do something else so it becomes a game of patience and attrition..

Associate
Had a couple of opportunities to use the "Tank Killer" pick-up yesterday, really good fun. Got some delicious multi's on unsuspecting tanks, but also had some crossmap infantry fun and even managed to get a bomber as well - that Tankgewehr is a beast :)

Associate
It's a very well optimised game, especially considering the graphics. Just don't bother with DX12 or at least for me with my 970. Massive difference in performance between DX12 and DX11 for me. DX12 is stuttery and horrible. DX11 is fluid and fast.

I've also got an i5.

Same here, DX12 is a nightmare.

Soldato
Would it be better on a AMD cpu based system?

Over the weekend I will be upgrading from my 3570k to a Ryzen 1700 system, so will give it a go and see if there is any difference even tho I'm still using the same 970 GPU.

I think it's the game.... just surprises me that Dice would even include it if performance was as bad as I'm seeing.

Soldato
Platoons are coming back to bf1, they're currently being beta tested in CTE, so I've started an OcUK one (in CTE) if anyone would like to join it. If there's interest I'll start one in the base game when they introduce it.

Soldato
Dumb question, what's Platoons?

Platoons are like an in game clan. If you choose to join a platoon, you should be able to easily join games on other platoon members even if they're not on your friends list. The platoons gain experience and rank when 2 or more players represent them in a game. The OcUK bf4 PC platoon was highly ranked.
When representing a platoon, you can choose to use their clan tag and emblem.

Don
Had a couple of opportunities to use the "Tank Killer" pick-up yesterday, really good fun. Got some delicious multi's on unsuspecting tanks, but also had some crossmap infantry fun and even managed to get a bomber as well - that Tankgewehr is a beast :)

Yup, such a satisfying weapon, if you can get yourself a horse and hide it in a house, then you have yourself an ammo box :D

Soldato
Initially I didn't like the new maps..... but! If you stick to the trenches and find your self on a decent map with two equal teams going for it, the game is super fun and great!

The Ribeyrolles is also quite good on the right maps. Hated it at first but if you use it CQ maps its good. It's also got a unique feature about it which is odd for the assault class and that's a bipod when prone allows you to be very accurate at medium distance too.

So it can be quite versatile.

Soldato
Yup, such a satisfying weapon, if you can get yourself a horse and hide it in a house, then you have yourself an ammo box :D

Horses are a great resource. Free ammo and health even though you didn't spawn as cavalry.

Seems they've just had a buff too..

I'm guessing it'll be in the April DLC ;)

Last edited:

zia

zia

Associate
I do absolute garbage on this game using mouse and kb, have to use my DS4. Suppose that what happens when you spent last 10 years or so mainly console gaming.

Controller players have aim assist and its very effective against poor mouse aimers

Zia

Back
Top Bottom