*** Battlefield 1 ***

V_R

V_R

Soldato
The Tsaritsyn map (3 flags, cathedral in the middle) will be BF1's Metro, mark my words.

Edit: This one.

DHxSEGmXoAEqrSx.jpg:large

Associate
Glad it's not only me who thought it looked odd, all the text looks odd.
Yeah all the text looks really odd to me - especially on objective names or the icons on the spawn screen. It's had to explain but it looks very 'jagged' like there's no smoothing on the fonts - maybe it's always been this way & I'm just noticing it now... :confused:

Soldato
Yeah all the text looks really odd to me - especially on objective names or the icons on the spawn screen. It's had to explain but it looks very 'jagged' like there's no smoothing on the fonts - maybe it's always been this way & I'm just noticing it now... :confused:

No, something has changed a few of the lads I was playing with last night all noticed it straight away to.

Don't know if its the nvidia drivers I'm on as it made me update to newer ones to even play.

Soldato
The Tsaritsyn map (3 flags, cathedral in the middle) will be BF1's Metro, mark my words.

I still love it. I had so many kills on that map last night with the shotgun, anti-tank nades and dynamite :D
With the fact it's quite open, means that it is actually possible to get around to A/C, so many not quite a Metro map.

Soldato

DHxSEGmXoAEqrSx.jpg:large

It's an excellent map, but they have hamstrung the potential by only going for 3 flags. The one in the center becomes a bottle neck.

All the maps are good. The two other ones Volga River and Galacia are good two. Burislov Keep I'm not a fan of but only had a few rounds. Albion is quite good too.

All in all it's good. Why is Lukpow Pass wasn't on the Russian DLC server rotation I was on.

Is it considered not part of the Russian DLC?

Also this should have been released around Xmas to tie in with the cold/winter theme.

Last edited:
Soldato
Bit of a lag fest for me yesterday.
A lot of the new maps still seem to have really bad spawn trap scenarios too. (still despite being told in CTE).

The Tsaritsyn map is not good IMO at the moment. The map is literally a lemon.
While your team has presence on B things aren't too bad (apart from having too many people in one area causing performance issues), but the routes from your gimmie to B are limited and even more so from your base to your gimmie, which means that if your team starts to slip, you can quickly get funneled back to your base with no chance of flanking and therefore little chance of escape.

Last edited:
Associate
Does anyone else get random stutter on certain maps, especially St Quentin? I am running Ryzen 5, GTX 1070, 16GB at 2800MHz on 1080P ultra settings, 60Hz.

Using console commands perfoverlay.drawgraph 1 and perfoverlay.drawfps 1, I can see that the stutters coincide with huge CPU spikes, and frames drop from a fixed 60FPS to ~30 for a fraction of a second. It's so annoying as it makes the game almost unplayable. CPU usage is well below 50% most of the time.

Most maps are perfectly fine. I've read it might have something to do with unoptimised destruction on certain maps - i.e. when the map gets wrecked the stutters start.

I don't have XBOX game mode on (removed from registry), don't have Win10 creator's update etc. and my rig should be able to max this at >> 60fps 1080P ultra 100% of the time.

It's quite annoying. It was worse with Win10 creator's update 1703, but I re-installed using the Win 10 Anniversary Edition 1607 which massively improved things. Still get annoying stutters on some maps though.

Soldato
Almost identical setup here (Ryzen 1600, GTX1070) and haven't noticed anything major on that map but this is only going on feel as I haven't done the same console commands as you.

Sometimes get choppy when multiple gas/smoke grenades go off though.

Soldato
Does anyone else get random stutter on certain maps, especially St Quentin? I am running Ryzen 5, GTX 1070, 16GB at 2800MHz on 1080P ultra settings, 60Hz.

Using console commands perfoverlay.drawgraph 1 and perfoverlay.drawfps 1, I can see that the stutters coincide with huge CPU spikes, and frames drop from a fixed 60FPS to ~30 for a fraction of a second. It's so annoying as it makes the game almost unplayable. CPU usage is well below 50% most of the time.

Most maps are perfectly fine. I've read it might have something to do with unoptimised destruction on certain maps - i.e. when the map gets wrecked the stutters start.

I don't have XBOX game mode on (removed from registry), don't have Win10 creator's update etc. and my rig should be able to max this at >> 60fps 1080P ultra 100% of the time.

It's quite annoying. It was worse with Win10 creator's update 1703, but I re-installed using the Win 10 Anniversary Edition 1607 which massively improved things. Still get annoying stutters on some maps though.

Huge issues for me. All since I upgraded to a 1080 and Gsync monitor. Some maps like Amiens and Empires edge unplayable. CU applied as well.

Funny thing is, before I had my Gsync monitor I put my 1080 and connected it to my 1200p non Gsync display and had no issues.

Now I have 1440p and Gsync, huge issues. Ranging from stutter to huge fps drops and unplayable maps.

Associate
Huge issues for me. All since I upgraded to a 1080 and Gsync monitor. Some maps like Amiens and Empires edge unplayable. CU applied as well.

Funny thing is, before I had my Gsync monitor I put my 1080 and connected it to my 1200p non Gsync display and had no issues.

Now I have 1440p and Gsync, huge issues. Ranging from stutter to huge fps drops and unplayable maps.

So do you think it's map related? That's my conclusion so far. I have gone to great pains to go back to pre-Creator's Update and prevent Win10 from updating to CU build 1703 and the problem has been eliminated overall on all other games, but still occurs in BF1 on certain maps.

My theory is that the symptoms of CU performance degradation are very similar to a separate problem going on with the BF1 engine.

Some maps are flawless with FPS >>60, but others - random stuttery mess. One way to describe it is like the CPU has some kind of odd seizure

Soldato

Have you tried putting in a framelimiter in the config file 120 say??

Soldato
So do you think it's map related? That's my conclusion so far. I have gone to great pains to go back to pre-Creator's Update and prevent Win10 from updating to CU build 1703 and the problem has been eliminated overall on all other games, but still occurs in BF1 on certain maps.

My theory is that the symptoms of CU performance degradation are very similar to a separate problem going on with the BF1 engine.

Some maps are flawless with FPS >>60, but others - random stuttery mess. One way to describe it is like the CPU has some kind of odd seizure

Unfortunately for me the best case scenario in BF1 is the random stutter and hitching occurring. At least I can play. The worst case scenario on maps like Amiens is huge fps dips which affects your ability to play as your reacting 'slowly' due to the game engine slowing down. When that happens I just turn it off.

Soldato
Have you tried putting in a framelimiter in the config file 120 say??

I've tried everything. Bar rolling back to pre CU and turning off Gsync.

Like I said above, 970 + CU = no issues. 1080 + CU = no issues. 1080 + CU + Gsync = Big issues.

Only other game I've played is Prey at seems fine. Just BF1. If you saw what I've seen on Empires Edge and Amiens you would be shocked.

Sounds like the GPU is being asked to 'crunch' massive amounts of data and choking.

The best way I can describe it is, the know the sound a plane makes when it suddenly losses altitude? Well I've had two occasions on Amiens and Empires Edge where it felt and sounded like that. FPS totally tanked and the noise the GPU made. :eek:

Last edited:
Caporegime
There's been lag in the game for the last few days, i was in a plane earlier and even switching view modes seemed delayed. Kill indicators seemed to take a few seconds to appear as well.

Back
Top Bottom