*** Battlefield 1 ***

Soldato
Anything 64 player with lots going on should do. Thanks Michty.

Ok all settings on ultra and uncapped FPS saw somewhere between 75-110fps depending on how action packed it was. Once or twice I did catch a brief glimpse of it touching low 60's so not too bad I guess for a little laptop.

Soldato
Ok all settings on ultra and uncapped FPS saw somewhere between 75-110fps depending on how action packed it was. Once or twice I did catch a brief glimpse of it touching low 60's so not too bad I guess for a little laptop.

That's good to know, thanks Michty.

I just wanted to see how limited BF is on 4c/8t "in the real world" to help me decide if, when I upgrade my graphics card, it's worth swapping my CPU out for an i7 or ditching s1150 and going for something else.

Your performance is good enough for me and I imagine it'd be fine a 1440p too, just more demanding on the graphics card.

Thanks again, much appreciated.

Soldato
That's good to know, thanks Michty.

I just wanted to see how limited BF is on 4c/8t "in the real world" to help me decide if, when I upgrade my graphics card, it's worth swapping my CPU out for an i7 or ditching s1150 and going for something else.

Your performance is good enough for me and I imagine it'd be fine a 1440p too, just more demanding on the graphics card.

Thanks again, much appreciated.

Yeah I'm happy enough with the performance. I'll probably leave it capped to keep my temps lower. Pity the game is such a CPU hog.
I'll download and try it on my desktop (Ryzen 3600, Vega 56) when I'm home in a few weeks.

Soldato
Anyone else still playing?

Got a monthly pass to play the new Star Wars game but just haven't got around to finishing it, instead, I keep loading this up and I'm really enjoying it. Makes me think of the old COD days.

I was getting spanked to start with but i'm more used to it now, owning the medic role at the moment.

running without any issues bar lag on a old i7, ssd and 16gb ram with an 270x gfx card

Associate
Anyone else still playing?

Got a monthly pass to play the new Star Wars game but just haven't got around to finishing it, instead, I keep loading this up and I'm really enjoying it. Makes me think of the old COD days.

I was getting spanked to start with but i'm more used to it now, owning the medic role at the moment.

running without any issues bar lag on a old i7, ssd and 16gb ram with an 270x gfx card

Had been, just shifted over to BF4 and BFV

Associate
Has anyone with a 144fps Gsync monitor seen this odd issue in Bf1.. The game appears to shimmer when playing online and only when using a mouse - using a xbox gamepad is fine, no shimmering. It seems to be tied to the playercount, the higher the playercount the worst the shimmering is. It is as if a white fade is being applied in between frames being rendered, similar to a ghosting effect and it is quite distracting as it comes and goes depending on the amount of players on the map. I have played around with mouse polling rates, dpi, mouse sensitivity, Nvidia latency modes, and fps cap, to no avail. My ping in game can be as low as 28ms so I don't think my connection would have anything to do with it. It would be easy to think that my framerate would be causing it, but my framerate is holding steady avg 90-120fps in game (with a 120fps frame limit). I tried turning off AA in game to no avail.

I'm using a Gsync 144hz xb271hu monitor. I play Destiny 2 and I haven't witnessed the same issue in that game (similar avg framerate).

How to reproduce (best to test only if your framerate is smooth to begin with) : Open a multiplayer game with a lot of players (example a 64 player match), play for a couple of minutes, focus on a mountain or vegetation and rotate your mouse around. Focus on the texture itself as you move the camera, not the outline, Look for a ghosting effect (very subtle white shimmering) even though your framerate is still high and consistent.

Last edited:
Associate
Has anyone with a 144fps Gsync monitor seen this odd issue in Bf1.. The game appears to shimmer when playing online and only when using a mouse - using a xbox gamepad is fine, no shimmering. It seems to be tied to the playercount, the higher the playercount the worst the shimmering is. It is as if a white fade is being applied in between frames being rendered, similar to a ghosting effect and it is quite distracting as it comes and goes depending on the amount of players on the map. I have played around with mouse polling rates, dpi, mouse sensitivity, Nvidia latency modes, and fps cap, to no avail. My ping in game can be as low as 28ms so I don't think my connection would have anything to do with it. It would be easy to think that my framerate would be causing it, but my framerate is holding steady avg 90-120fps in game (with a 120fps frame limit). I tried turning off AA in game to no avail.

I'm using a Gsync 144hz xb271hu monitor. I play Destiny 2 and I haven't witnessed the same issue in that game (similar avg framerate).

How to reproduce (best to test only if your framerate is smooth to begin with) : Open a multiplayer game with a lot of players (example a 64 player match), play for a couple of minutes, focus on a mountain or vegetation and rotate your mouse around. Focus on the texture itself as you move the camera, not the outline, Look for a ghosting effect (very subtle white shimmering) even though your framerate is still high and consistent.

I believe I have the same monitor as you, and am running the game with a 1080 ti. I've not noticed the issue that you are mentioning but have had issues in the last month with the game freezing due to a DirectX error. It only happens on BF1, not on BFV, BF3, BF4, Witcher, FIFA or any other games I have. It seemed to start after the latest driver update in September by nVidia whereas previously the game had run since release without issue. Making a clean install of drivers from April seems to have fixed it. Have you been having that problem for a long time or just recently?

Associate
Anyone else picked this up again after the recent resurgence? I haven't played for a couple of months. Still one of the best BF's ever.
I hope EA/Dice is taking note (but I doubt it)

I have been playing it for the last 12/18 months - usually play on the AMG servers, best battlefield of recent years.

Dice won't care though as the current dice didn't create this game.

Caporegime
Give it go I forgot how unique the gameplay is due to the lack of high rpm weapons.

I was giggling like a small child using the Martini again. Haven't had this much fun in a long time.

Hard to get used to tanks again and their "refreshing" ammo after playing bfv. Which is where i spend most of my time, in a tank.

Associate
It's never been off my drive - I play it most days. Servers are nearly always full anyway but I see player count has gone through the roof since the 80% off steam sale this week

Back
Top Bottom