Battlefield 2, patch 1.2

Permabanned
Matt82 said:
aint got round to downloading it yet but im looking forward to this new sniper which is suppose'd to be out :D

its deadly <100m just like all other sniper rifles, past that tho its ******* useless like the other rifles because its still got a crappy single zoom.

Associate
Killerkebab said:
Anyone out there actually like the damn thing? They've totally ruined the game balance.

Flying is now equivalent to suicide.
Every city server is mines galore.
C4s are twice as hard to use.
Tanks have an easier time still.
The new sniper rifle is overkill.
Medics get to be the new assault class.
Choppers are made out of toilet paper.
TV missiles have the range of a common firework.
Flares are useless.
The blackhawk railguns fire BBs.

All of this because people were whining about getting bombed. I realise the irony of this post, but what the hell was wrong with things before? AA has become point/click. Missiles do acrobatics unseen before. Flares are nothing more than a way to decorate the sky before you explode.

Now going in the sky is worthless. You'll never live. To hell with that. The game really has earned the name of battlefield. You'd be a fool to fly above the field now. If someone has a clue on how to survive in the air, then I urge them to share with me.

The reason why the game has been changed it because people have been crying out for these changes for the best part of a year. Good pilots in planes completed owned everyone. Snipers were next to useless - If someone shot shot you with a sniper rifle in real life you would be dead no matter where you were hit. AA guns were terrible only thing they destroyed were friendly planes. These changes are for the most part for the better. Should have been like this from the start. Can't say everything has been implemented perfectly but its was better than it was.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I still haven't made my mind up.
I think those that are moaning about the AA need to improve there piloting skills. I'm not much of a pilot but although stressful, flying is still possible. I took a jet up and had no real problems apart from the constant beeping driving me nuts. Flyings an occasional event for me so if i can do it so can anyone. I do feel the earlier comment about taking out the relevent targets first is important. You must take out the AA. I just climbed as high as i could then went into a Nose dive using my heads up to identify and line up the target and just crapped on his head. You do have to gradually work your way in land knocking out the targets that are a danger to you.
Perhaps pilots that constantly bomb Main base are whinging as this is no longer possible if so then good and tuff to main base rapers.

Trooping has change but its up to any good soldier to adapt and i am a good soldier. Sir Yes Sir. :p
Personally i am choosing kits that are hard to play and enjoying a new kind of challenge.
I will give the game and the players time to settle in and see how balanced the game feels in a week or so. At the moment everyone seems to be doing the same thing so its hard to judge how things will pan out.

I am happy that others are finding the game easier and seem to be having more fun.
I honestly don't mind if this encourages more players to stick around. Noobs although a pain sometimes are the future so i welcome all.
If anyone really annoys me i just switch back to my preffered kit hunt them down and kill them. Then whilst they wait to spawn they have me stabbing there dead bodies saying NO CAN DO repeatedly. :D
I love this game and am still having loads of fun so as long as this patch encourages more users rather than less i will accept it.

Extra...
On the Euro forces pack.
After playing BF2 for over 640hours for the price i payed for it (Retail) i am happy to pay a few more quid for extra. As long as they continue to support the game and continue to patch and try to improve the game i do Not begrudge them a few extra quid.

Associate
1.12 > 1.2 just requires a bit of adaptability. I hated it at first, but am coming round. Don't really see the point of the assault class, now the support's primary weapon has been tweaked.

Anyone getting larger memory leaks since the patch? I've noticed 100MB increase since installing the patch.

Soldato
as a new (2 weeks since buying it) BF2 player - having played the old 1.12 for about 10 days and now 1.2 i must say that the 1.2 is better for me as a new player as i got totally fed up with getting massacred by the heli's /plane at first.

Played for about 4 hours last night and had a great time playing various maps and felt the game was a more balanced/less weighted to long time players who jump in the jets/heli's and bomb the crap out of you. More street fighting etc

I got in an apache with a guy last night who was a suprb pilot and i was gunning away like mad - he was superb and we lasted a good 10 mins in the apache (mind u the missle lock was on every 3 seconds or so!!!)

The game has been updated to what it is, either play it and enjoy it , or stop moaning about it and stop playing. It's getting boring!!! :o

Associate
hmm strange thing, i know the shooting while jumping has been stopped but im sure the efffects are still in place. Im thinking this because ive jumped oved a sandbag forgetting you cant shoot, pressing shoot anyhow, and the guy droping dead. I dont hear any gun effects nor do i see any bullets but he still drops down dead and i get the kill with the rifle?????

Associate
Overall i like the patch, game seems to run a little smoother at the start of a level but i still get some hangs that normally result in me dieing at least once without a chance to defend myself (i have 1 gig of RAM), so still not perfect.

On the balance issues, i am getting killed a lot more by snipers now, not sure if this is just a as the class had been improved and the use of it will fall back to mormal levels soon (ie i think more people are playing sniper post 1.2), either way it doesnt ruin the game and they did need improving.

C4 issues doens bother me, infact after having aquick go with c4 when i rarly use it i got several kills including a really good tank kill by stick two to his side while he was trying to cap a flag, jumped to prone over a sand wall just .5m from him blew it and survied, c4 is still a fair weapon for what it is.

The jets and hellis, now the missiles are more accurate when locked it is much more difficult but also much more exciting, now you have to chaff as soon as you hear the locking on tone before the missile warning and hit the deck, afterburners a do some mad turns, more challenging and more balanced. The hellis were overkill before and again needed to be toned down, im not sure if they went too far with this, time will tell but it is better than before.

The AWP seems like a nice gun, didnt bother with the P90 as i heard bad things.

The accuarcy changes for the guns are fine aswell for me, no biggie.

So again i tihnk the game is all the better for 1.2.

Last edited:
Soldato
I hate playing now, I used to fly around in a heli, myself and a clan m8 could stay up for rounds without being shot. FFS I got in one and I was blown up ON THE GROUND!

I did some air to air with another clan m8, every ******* time the missile got me, any combination of acrobatics would not stop it, launching flairs.. great, that works :rolleyes:
The one thing Im good at, the one thing I enjoy, flying has been made into a **** thing to do.

I rarely got owned from aircraft bombing, possibly you were sitting still/in an open area?

Pfft

Watch your language.

Otacon

Soldato
OP
Something had to be done to make planes slightly easier to take down, but this is ridiculous. You don't even need to line up your AA shots in a a plane anymore. The missiles will make U-Turns if necessary, and the only thing you can do is release flares. If you're lucky enough that they work, you're fine, but of course, half the map ahead of you is now in an AA vehicle, or the plane behind you simply follows you (it really isn't hard, since you don't need to be straight behind to take a shot now). If the flares don't work, then you're screwed, because no amount of acrobatics will do anything.

booyaka said:
The game has been updated to what it is, either play it and enjoy it , or stop moaning about it and stop playing. It's getting boring!!! :o

Everyone moaned about it before, and they got their wish. Why shouldn't I?

d123pw said:
On the balance issues, i am getting killed a lot more by snipers now, not sure if this is just a as the class had been improved and the use of it will fall back to mormal levels soon (ie i think more people are playing sniper post 1.2), either way it doesnt ruin the game and they did need improving.

Of course everyone is using snipers. Mines have become the new invincible barrier. All you need are a few snipers, and the flags are effectively no mans land. It is great fun when I am the sniper, I'll admit, but its hardly any good otherwise.

The same thing goes with AT mines. The only way to get rid of them is to defuse them. Good luck with that, if you don't get shot in the head the second you sit down on the road to defuse your little mines.

Associate
Has anyone lost any in game sounds after installing this patch?? Ive noticed that if someones shooting at you there is no gunfire sound a lot of the time but the bullets can be heard stricking the ground around you, also the sound in general seems inferior, I thought that I had the sound settings on low at first :confused:

Soldato
turtle3 said:
Has anyone lost any in game sounds after installing this patch?? Ive noticed that if someones shooting at you there is no gunfire sound a lot of the time but the bullets can be heard stricking the ground around you, also the sound in general seems inferior, I thought that I had the sound settings on low at first :confused:

How far away are they? O_o

Associate
I think the patch seems ok, the AA is maybe slightly over powered but it keeps those that can’t fly to well out the sky. When you’re in a jet you just need to approach things differently and prioritize any AA. I can see it make things a lot tougher for heli pilots though.

Associate
-Tauren- said:
How far away are they? O_o

They were'nt that far away at all, also when I threw a grenade there was no explosion noise and the clanking sound when climbing up ladders was gone?? what ive since done is to reinstall update 1.12 and now it seems ok :) , done a search and there are a lot of people with the same prob, hopefully tonight ill get a decent game in, ive not had time to try the new patch properly as ive had nothing but trouble over the last few days..

Associate
I think you can, on the maps I know where the AA sites are and I take them out even if nobody is manning them, true it’s a bit more of a hassle but it saves you getting shot down as often. It also takes 3 missiles now to take a jet down and the static sites can only shoot 2 quickly, giving you time to fly away before they reload.

Back
Top Bottom