1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battlefield 2 vs Counterstrike 1.6

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by duncsharp, 1 May 2006.

1. duncsharp

Gangster

ive been playing counterstrike for years and have recently purchased bf2 - just wondering if i could get peoples opinions on which game they prefer to play

2. Smithy

Wise Guy

ATM BF2, dunno how its going to pan out long-term though, maybe ill get bored of BF2 and return to CS, cant see it happening any time soon though tbh.

3. Phil99

Capodecina

BF for me, CS is far too boring to play for any length of time (though is good for a quick game...)

4. DaveyD

Man of Honour

Depends, CS1.6 for the tight community I'm in, (whenever I do get back round to playing it), not really played enough BF2 to enjoy it enough, and couldn't get into it enough to pull me away from 1.6.

5. Haly

Woman of Honour

I'm not sure if you could really compare them personally. If nothing else, the discrepacy with the age of the two games makes it a bit unfair.

6. Efour

Caporegime

the only things in common with these 2 games is they have guns in.

if i had an hour to play it would be CS, if it was a nice long 6 hour session BF2.

7. Fr0dders

Caporegime

as posted above

the 2 are 2 completely different animals

for a start you never have to wonder in CS how much armour is on the map. as that will dictate what kit you play. in CS you grab a gun and off you go.

8. Inquisitor

Capodecina

Yup, totally different games. I can't really play CS for more than an hour really, but I spent about 5 hours solid playing it on Saturday :D

9. 4T5

Man of Honour

Having over 800 hours logged on BF2 i think it's safe to say i prefer BF2. :D
    I do like a bit of Source but BF2 just offers so much more.

BF2 winners hands down. :cool:

10. Xez

Wise Guy

Has to be CS for me i find BF2 and war games like it boring :p

11. KizZ

Soldato

BF2 over CS 1.6. I also play CSS a lot.

12. Stellios

Capodecina

BF2

13. fullfat

Wise Guy

BF2 over ANY cs game, cs is just too boring and i can only stomach it for a very small amount of time. the romance with BF2 though will surely come to an end as soon as EA give up on it and follow the god awful looking 2142, but it is EA afterall, i think someone mentioned it before on here somewhere, batlefield2 2007 :rolleyes:

14. neoboy

Capodecina

Well I just realised that I stopped playing CS:S completely when I got BF2 in summer. Tried to make a comeback but the game just seemed too basic. It's still fun for occasional bash but community on random servers is even worse than the one on BF2 while I can always bite back, I didn't quite join so I can make a counter argument for the "** mama" joke you just made. I do like it when you have genuinely fun open sided games, but in a lot of cases the game ends up being a suicidal rush against the big guns while you pack nothing but a pistol.

15. Haly

Woman of Honour

Most time spent in one session of CS1.6 for me was 12hrs one day last year :o Great fun though :)
    I could never really get into BF2 for some reason.

16. Hellsmk2

Mobster

BF2 just for the scale/ epicness of it.

CS is great, but I've played it far too much now.

17. tickle me elmo

Gangster

cs because its not spawn die spawn die spawn die spawn die spawn die like bf2

18. Inquisitor

Capodecina

Instead it's spawn, die.................................. spawn, die............................ spawn, die... ad nauseum :p

19. fullfat

Wise Guy

^what he said, yawn............. :p

20. Wang Computer

Wise Guy

Battlefield 2 has helicopters and tanks! Therefore it must be better than CS (a mere fan mod)! :p