Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
So I was playing earlier as an Assault with the M416, unlocked the M16A3, equipped that when I died (which happens a lot :o) and played with that for a bit no problem. Then the match finished, and on the next match it wouldn't let me equip the M16A3 :confused:. And ideas why? TIA

Soldato
A hint for someone that plays with your setup - use nvidia FXAA (via inspector) as it will really help with the frames. You really need 2 X 680's for 2 X or even 4 X MSAA.

eh? what res is the 27"?

One 680 is PLENTY for any settings at 1920x1200 so unless the 27" is 1600p no sure why you would need more than 1 :confused:

Caporegime
No probs, 220 000 points as assault unlocks the m16 for russian side, ak74 for us side. Metro is the map of choice for racking up points, heal and revive at every opportunity. The m416 and the m16 are pretty similair, two of my favourite weapons.

Soldato
A hint for someone that plays with your setup - use nvidia FXAA (via inspector) as it will really help with the frames. You really need 2 X 680's for 2 X or even 4 X MSAA.

I just use the in game FXAA :)

The main reason I upgraded to the 680 is simply so I could carry on playing with the settings that I was using with my 23". All ultra, without msaa!

Jonny u bad boy 120hz > higher Res especially for games like bf3 enjoy the 680 tho I can't play bf3 on ultra settings get distracted way to much :( does look awesome tho!

I've had a go with 120hz, and whilst they are smoother, I'd much rather have the extra resolution! Can't deal with the PPI on the 27" 1080p monitors, it's awful :p

Also, I've tried playing on low for a week and I honestly didn't notice much different gameplay wise... Graphics wise it was a massive step down though, much prefer playing it in ultra!

Caporegime
Ive reverted to playing it on high, less fps drops, (1920x1200) and less work on my gpu's which get too hot/loud. Ill whack everything back to ultra with 2x msaa when i install my 670 tomorrow, at last hopefully no vram issues.

Associate
you know, i had this game on the xbox and really enjoyed it, thought I would enjoy it more on pc, being better used to fps on pc, but it has instead totally killed any fun i have for this game, ive wasted £30 just to be permeantly owned and killed by invincible air support -.-

/rant

Caporegime
some great games tonight :D

last game just now we have 1 ticket left i got lock on a chopper they had 4 tickets hit choppa with 3 in and someone else got the last kill we win :p

EPIC WINZZZZ ! :D

Caporegime
Auto balance is the devils work. Joined a couple of friends on a 10k ticket 24/7 oman server and US were getting thrashed soundly. I joined and RU had nearly 8k tickets left and US had about 3k. Come 500 tickets to go the exodus started and people were either leaving or joining the US only to be balanced back. I wasn't too worried as i was squaded up and had been on the server for about 50 minutes. 100 tickets to go, RU still on 7k+ and my whole SQUAD, all four of us got balanced to US and got the loss. FML.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom