Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Thinking of popping my multiplayer tonight on BF3. Any friendly servers or groups recommended? Also any advice to which class to play as? Am totally new to this but have played the campaign.

Soldato
Associate
Just won a copy of BF4 (thanks OcUK!), but been playing BF3 with friends recently.

I'm a complete noob, but I understand what Nexus is saying about aircraft.

I usually just play maps without aircraft or try and hide, but heli pilots seem to follow me around and just blow the wall off any building I happen to be hiding in. I'm getting extremely frustrated as I'm a new player with no access to lock-on RPGs etc., and getting in a jet or helicopter is just as frustrating as I don't have flares or heat seeking missiles.

What controls do you guys use to pilot aircraft? Is there a faster way to level up aircraft rather than flying around hitting 1 in every thousand machine gun shots?

It's ridiculous how an experienced chopper pilot can completely ruin the fun of an entire other team, because there's literally nowhere you can run and hide.

Associate
Been back on this all evening, BF4 is more or less dead for me now, bit gutted as I paid for premium, but the difference in playability is huuuuge, and I'd forgotten how much I love blasting people in the face with my F2000.

onward and upward in BF3 it is :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi.

I am thinking of picking up BF3 for the first time. The standard version is £10 and the premium version is £20. Is the premium version worth it?

Cheers.

Last edited:
Associate
Been playing this a while now on a 'noob' server before I think about joining in with the rough kids but I'm a bit worried as my score/min stat looks like I might be a bit rubbish at this! The server I play on is a 64 player one and I have never played D/M or CO-OP, would this affect things?
Feel free to ridicule!
[QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Caporegime
Playing the bf4 cte lately mate, much better than standard bf4. Hopefully the changes make it into the full game. Tbh im not gaming much at all theese days, with summertime my cpu runs far too hot.

Caporegime
This chip is so bad i very much doubt even high end custom watercooling would tame it. Thats the problem with haswell, a 20 quid air cooler will cool as well as several hundred quids wort of wc. Delidding is the best option, but not really worth the risk on a high voltage chip.

Soldato
picked this up in the freebie offer and now upgraded to premium, any ocuk servers or clans running still?

mmmmm not so much I don't believe. people still jump on it but I think the majority are all aboard the BF4 wrecking train :p just seems to be more of an escape when people have raged too much at bf4, just on bf3 for a bit haha!

Bf3 is still pretty popular I am led to believe. still plenty of populated servers, just not so sure about OCUK servers still being up. (front page seems a bit blank ay? :p )

Soldato
picked this up in the freebie offer and now upgraded to premium, any ocuk servers or clans running still?

mmmmm not so much I don't believe. people still jump on it but I think the majority are all aboard the BF4 wrecking train :p just seems to be more of an escape when people have raged too much at bf4, just on bf3 for a bit haha!

Bf3 is still pretty popular I am led to believe. still plenty of populated servers, just not so sure about OCUK servers still being up. (front page seems a bit blank ay? :p )

CQ247.co.uk still have a HC server, some of them are members of this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom