Battlefield 4 - Performance FIXES Thread (Good or Bad)

Associate
I know its pretty common knowledge but managed to free up some space on the SSD and move this over. What a difference it makes, load times are miles better and feels a little smoother too.

should have done it ages ago, need to buy a bigger SSD. :D

Associate
Hey guys just a quick one. My PC is one of the fastest and connection is one of the fastest too, I can run everything on a steady high 40 FPS, I load up and flying half way across the map before people even get to the weapon selection screen... however I am still baffled to why I get random micro stutters?
I am running windows 7 has this seems to be my "only" weak link, seen a lot of people rave about the improvement, I don't mind using 8, just too lazy too purchase it. Recommended for the micro stutter fix?

Soldato
Has anyone else noticed performance is much better with v sync off? On mostly ultra setting with 2500k/7950 I was getting 40-60fps with v sync on and it seemed pretty stuttery. With v sync off I get high 70s with some drops into high 50s and it's as smooth as butter. Also noticed with v sync on my GPU usage was all over the place even though it wasn't maintaining 60fps.

Associate
Anyone know if there is much room for improvement with drivers? Just wondering if there is much to gain with new drivers just before release, hopefully nvidia pull their finger out.

Soldato
however I am still baffled to why I get random micro stutters?
I am running windows 7 has this seems to be my "only" weak link, seen a lot of people rave about the improvement, I don't mind using 8, just too lazy too purchase it. Recommended for the micro stutter fix?

not a fix, but wait until the games released (and maybe the first patch) and see how it performs.

Caporegime
Anyone know if there is much room for improvement with drivers? Just wondering if there is much to gain with new drivers just before release, hopefully nvidia pull their finger out.

just remember the beta we just played was months old !

it was probably around june ish build ! so quite a lot will of been done since and optimized for when game is out in two weeks time :cool:

Associate
Having lots of problems with mine in Windows 7, keeps crashing so I have to ctrl alt del and close, not had a full run of a map yet, tried different graphics drivers current on the 13.11 beta

I5 - 2500K
16GB Ram
Radeon 5970 Black edition

As I dual boot 7 and Windows 8.1 tried it on 8.1 and seems ok, had a few hours play without issue.

Also had issues with the web browser plugin on IE and Firefox, kept saying install plugin even after I had, fine with Chrome though.

Back
Top Bottom