Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Permabanned
tumblr_m6o70g8WrR1rpha4do1_400.gif

Soldato
I've played closed to 400 hours on BF3 and I know that's not a lot compared to some.

I think £45-55 is reasonable.

What about the inevitable community splitting expansions? What's included in the DD version? If it's like BF3 it will be the first "expansion" (I.E. a couple of meh maps) then there will be £50 worth of "expansions" released one at a time and then a £20 odd "Premium" upgrade. Suddenly sounds like an expensive FPS which looks amazingly like BF3

Soldato
Seriously? Is this it?..

I was hoping for something maybe different!.. Why should I buy this? I have BF3.. How about something "new"? Where has all the creativity gone from the developers??? This is just some recycled bf3 stuff...

You might say, oh but yeah there are ships now and submarines etc. Well I bet you could have added those things to BF3 with a mod or expansion pack! The reason they did not release an SDK....... Frostbite 3.0? ehmm ok.. Really not interested in a new engine, I thought the Frostbite 2 was quite fine!..

I am disgusted TBH. And then they are asking money for this.. I see no effort at all from the devs in this, apart that everything here could have been added to bf3. What the hell happened to DICE.

OH MY LORD.

Go gather your toys from the pram, put them back in, and wait a bit before throwing them out again.

One gameplay trailer in a small section of SP and you already know everything you need to know? There was NEVER going to be any big graphical advancement.....EVERYONE knew this. Where do they have to go? Nowhere, some extra features/effects was all we were ever going to get. Aside from graphical changes are you watching different videos to the rest of us? You seem qualified to state everything that BF4 has to offer could have been put in BF3.

So many of you sound like the COD herp derps that infest the game you think "Battlefield is becoming". Entitled, whiny teenagers who throw a hissy fit because mommy won't buy you something you want.

Last edited:
Soldato
Trailer was good, intense, emotional and good looking, wind moving, and a girl.
still unless they have a better hitbox and bring the experience and feel from Bf2 its just good visual looking game.

Soldato
Thinking about it, it's a shame they did not release BFBC3, waiting another year to give us full blown FB3.0 optimised for the new consoles. I'm assuming that this will be FB2.5 with all the limitations of the old generation consoles?

Associate
I was kind of looking forward to this, but that video is a load of toss. Graphically it looks okay (although I suspect parts might have been pre-rendered) but it's blatantly just some more of the same old BF3 scripted set piece, idiot enemy AI, meathead squaddies, BF3 goodness. And since when do PC games retail at £45 and console at £55?

That said, can't properly judge it without looking at MP, but based on this I don't have high expectations.

Soldato
AMD have pretty much all the good games optimized for them recently.

Bioshock Infinite
Tomb Raider
Crysis 3
Battlefield 4

Never see the Nivida splash screen video in games anymore.

Soldato
Makes no odds really. Perhaps a bit better on release but after drivers mature and game has been out for a month or so there is near enough no difference.

Frostbite 2 runs near enough the same on both AMD and nVidia, there is no way the next version is so far removed from the current one that there will be any difference in performance on different cards.

Back
Top Bottom