Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Caporegime
The sp footage is pretty funny in some spots, so many times the helicopters could have evac'd the soldiers yet "noooo get to the roof", landing on ground is impossible, by the numbers pish.

Just not really excited about this at all, BF3 had everyone buzzing for a time, this just registers low on the "meh" scale, probably could have and should have been another addon.

Soldato
This quote from one of the DICE folks at the end of the press conference worries me a little...

“Social persistence to increase replay value… A single player game true to the Battlefield franchise.”

Now I could be wrong but I think what they are saying is that parts of the single player will resemble the online multiplayer, like having a squad and giving orders and more open sandbox style gameplay. Still I have little faith in Dice and that BF3.5 will be anything other than a glorified BF3 mod.

Soldato
I spent 2000 hours on bf3 and played it at its highest level and ill hopefully be doing the same with bf4

Couldnt give a **** about graphics all going to be set to low when I play it anyway

Soldato
Dear god, not one these who run at 800x600 to try and gain spotting advantage. Zzzzzz

Sounds like an ex-quake player trying to get the highest fps. May as well go play bf2 if they aren't bothered about eye-candy.

Substance over form... but still.. why make it look like a 1990's game, where's the enjoyment?

Last edited:
Soldato
Sounds like an ex-quake player trying to get the highest fps. May as well go play bf2 if they aren't bothered about eye-candy.

Substance over form... but still.. why make it look like a 1990's game, where's the enjoyment?

Exactly, there is good enough hardware to run these games at very decent FPS with knocking the settings down to 10 years ago graphics.

Soldato
For everyone who seems in a rage about this...what did people seriously expect?

Better graphics, hopefully the makings of a better single player experience (looks like it could be), multiplayer will be the same as always albeit refined.

Video used to show off Frostbyte 3 and we'll hear some stuff about the multiplayer soon no doubt.

Associate
I don't mind the idea of BF3.5 as long as it is actually an improvement. More stable, better maps, etc...whilst they haven't had as long on this one, they haven't had to build the engine and i read somewhere (ages back) that they were removing 32bit legacy support so it will free up a lot of space, so maybe battlefield 4 won't be such a hdd hog!

Soldato
wow people dont half talk some **** on here... i thought BL forums were bad.. in any competitive FPS id rather have a solid 120+ fps and win/stay alive a lot then FPS ranging from 40-80 and having unnecessary crap to look at on my screen.. and i would go back and play quake this very second if there was still servers for q3 and no i wont play that quakelive ****...

cant wait to rip BF4 up with Punchrulle and cG guys... gonna be another fun 2k hours!

also BF4 will be a success because of the new consoles and optimization, map design, etc is gonna be aimed at 64 players instead of this previously crap 24 players which we saw on the older consoles!

Last edited:
Soldato
wow people dont half talk some **** on here... i thought BL forums were bad.. in any competitive FPS id rather have a solid 120+ fps and win/stay alive a lot then FPS ranging from 40-80 and having unnecessary crap to look at on my screen.. and i would go back and play quake this very second if there was still servers for q3 and no i wont play that quakelive ****...

cant wait to rip BF4 up with Punchrulle and cG guys... gonna be another fun 2k hours!

also BF4 will be a success because of the new consoles and optimization, map design, etc is gonna be aimed at 64 players instead of this previously crap 24 players which we saw on the older consoles!

Do you use a CRT?

Back
Top Bottom