Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Man of Honour
Just make sure he doesn't bail at the first sound of a weapon lock on... lol
Do love when people do that.

In a way I don't blame em in helis - I so often get bugged out controls just from a single round of small arms fire hitting (gives the same effect as a critical/disabling hit but isn't a critical/disabling one) :( (I think its prediction error on the client side). Might be due to having network smoothing really low dunno don't really feel like spending too much time trying to test it.

Soldato
booo to people bailing! hate those damn crackers!!! I'll only bail if I'm over where I was intending to jump originally or if we're upside down and the ground is getting close pretty fast..... even then.... most of the time I'll just ignorantly try and rep the chopper even though certain doom is imminent :D though this sometimes results in them bailing... the chopper landing... and free chopper for meeee :D which is nice.

Caporegime
I think you might need to be my rep bitch now I'm starting to learn tank warfare Nexus :p:D

The Nexus-not doesn't' stretch to repair tools. He has people for that lol

This! :D

You becoming a tank whore now Tony :p

Next time you're in a tank (and I don't have one :p), I'll jump in with you! Just wish the 50 cal was better for medium-long range, useless when the tank is moving and even then, you're lucky if you get a kill..... Beast up close though!

Just make sure he doesn't bail at the first sound of a weapon lock on... lol
Do love when people do that.

lol :D

The best thing about chopper bailers is they often get killed by their chopper as they jump out haha :D

Associate
The other side effect of your engineer bailing is this:

Mockingbird has just died. Mockingbird sees a spawn point suddenly open up in a squad mate's chopper. Mockingbird double clicks it without waiting to view the prespawn camera. Mockingbird dies as the little bird explodes.

Happens to me about 4-5 times a night, and I still don't learn.

Associate
You obviously don't have any idea how software development works, especially software that needs 100+ devs to maintain.

I never mention anything about software development in my post? All i stated was that there has been little to no communication with the community since launch. It's one forum post telling us they'll be releasing a patch some time before the end of the month. The last update was 3 weeks ago. Hardly particularly communicative. With the state of the launch of BF4, I would have thought their PR department would have been working harder to assuage the customers.

Associate
In a way I don't blame em in helis - I so often get bugged out controls just from a single round of small arms fire hitting (gives the same effect as a critical/disabling hit but isn't a critical/disabling one) :( (I think its prediction error on the client side). Might be due to having network smoothing really low dunno don't really feel like spending too much time trying to test it.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's had this happen to them, many times. I don't know how to re-create it though.

Soldato
had some fantastic rage today and very pleasing outcome.

Was getting DMR rage against one guy in particular, a rank 92, calling me a noob because I kept killing him with it. Had some banter about his pay and spray LMG and needing hundreds of bullets to kill.

Then killed him for a 4th time with pistol to which I added "what would you like me to kill you with now" Bit of tit for tat went on with some good old style cussin, then he went back to slating my DMR, and how I should use a real mans sniper instead of auto noob.

So I said I can't use sniper rifles they are too difficult to master. Then on that note for the remainder of the game, managed to headshot him a further 3 times lmao.

He left the game

Soldato
I never mention anything about software development in my post? All i stated was that there has been little to no communication with the community since launch. It's one forum post telling us they'll be releasing a patch some time before the end of the month. The last update was 3 weeks ago. Hardly particularly communicative. With the state of the launch of BF4, I would have thought their PR department would have been working harder to assuage the customers.

You say it as if they're deeply concerned about what customers will think. The majority of the customer base has already paid and it's f2p. There is very little fps wise to even compete. The hype surrounding the next game will be so big that people will again pay their money regardless.

Man of Honour
I'm glad I'm not the only one who's had this happen to them, many times. I don't know how to re-create it though.

You can't (easily) recreate it - afaik its entirely random client prediction error :( atleast from casual observation its what it seems to be - the client thinks your going to get hit by enough damage to cause a malfunction but then don't so it corrects itself a moment later but by that time you've usually ended up in an unrecoverable spin/crashed.

EDIT: Was trying to record some stuff but it seems the hit reg takes even more of a dive due to the slight lag from the capturing :(

Last edited:
Associate
You say it as if they're deeply concerned about what customers will think. The majority of the customer base has already paid and it's f2p. There is very little fps wise to even compete. The hype surrounding the next game will be so big that people will again pay their money regardless.

comics-Dorkly-EA-games-738703.jpeg

:/

Man of Honour
^^ I held out for ~7 years :| then BF4 tempted me to give em another chance, especially as the beta looked something like a proper beta - some issues but nothing that wouldn't normally be solved by the time the game went retail......... should have known better.

Caporegime
meh just put soflam down and was greeted with a blue screen of death....

BF4 must be the worst coded POS.

it's the only game that ever crashes my pc or closes to desktop...

thought my gpu was dieing the other day because I kept getting wierd texture flashing in bf4 like the gpu memory was faulty...

but my comp is fine in every other game and some of them are far more hardware intensive than this

Permabanned
I have come to the conclusion that Dutch server admins are noobs.

One of them yesturday stacked his team so all the Level 100+ were on one team and all the sub 50's were on the other team... so you can imagine how that went.

Caporegime
I have come to the conclusion that Dutch server admins are noobs.

One of them yesturday stacked his team so all the Level 100+ were on one team and all the sub 50's were on the other team... so you can imagine how that went.
most admins are noobs especially some clan servers...

on the railway map a few hours ago some guy kept camping our base with tanks etc and killing people as they tried to leave our base....

there were a few snipers trying the same thing too.

probably all friends of the admins clan

Soldato
Very good games tonight. First time in the Attack Boat on Parcel Force Shore tonight, wow that thing is OP, 30-0 for someone thats never fired a TV missile before lol, Insane

Laugh of the night, Gord returning from a week of tennis and mentioning eating Quiche lmao...Teamspeaks resident posh fella lmao.

See you all tomorrow chaps.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom