• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

battlefield 5 0x887a0006 - crash question

Associate
Hi.

Hello. I left running Battlefield 5 in singleplayer campaign for hours,by standing in the same place in game. I go to sleep.

When i woke up i met desktop and Windows 10 message:"we've got an update for you"In near 14 hour it crashed to desktop.

Event viewer said:"display driver stopped responding and has recovered".

This is exception code of crash:"0x887a0006 "according to MDMP WinDbG.

Also in background have only gpuz and msi afterburner + rivatuner.

My pc:9900K 4.7 stock
2x16GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000mhz XMP
Corsair 850 RmX
Rtx 2080 Ti Aorus Xtreme ( stock ,no oc )

I am using the newest drivers.

Also i tested Unigine Heaven ,3dmark firestrike and other games for hours and no crashes.

Memtest86 no errors. RAM TEST no errors. Realbench ok.

My question is that was related to hardware or maybe due that Windows update notification,or that doesnt matter? Also i cant reproduce this crash anymore.

Soldato
Why are you worrying about a game crashing after 14 hours of idling? For a start why are you leaving it to idle?

Frankly I'd only be worrying about it if it's crashing whilst you're gaming with it.

Associate
OP
I get 2 crashes in Battlefield 5 with exception 0x887a0006. Event viewer said: display driver recovery.

This is exception code of crash:"0x887a0006 "according to MDMP WinDbG.

One time it crashed after 14 hours being in game,now it crashed after 6 minutes after started game.
And again its fine its running.

Also in background have only gpuz and msi afterburner + rivatuner.

Rma something or forget?

Soldato
I think you'll need to log a few more crashes before considering RMA. But not those that are from the game idling overnight.

Back
Top Bottom