Battlefield BC2 looking dam sweet

Associate
The thing that made BF2 epic was the size and scale of it, somthing that you just don't get on console ports. Had total freedom to do what you wanted.

I really really hope it isn't just a run and gun fest as most of cod 4 seems to be now but we will see i guess.

Associate
Hmmmm...initial thought when watching that video is it looks a lot like Sharqi on BF2. Won't say there's much that impressed me in the video but guess if it's just a graphically updated BF2 with more maps and gameplay tweaks that it'll still be more fun mp wise than any other

Man of Honour
Problem with battlefield games compared to the likes of COD - they look nice, have great atmosphere and modelling, etc... but the gameplay just degenerates into a mess with no real point to it and the "netcode" is pretty ropey...

My gameplay experience usually consists of... rush to a flag, take it, hang around to hold it while your squad moves on... no one appears, finally after a few minutes get bored and wander off and come across a prone (not moving) enemy with their back to you... empty the mag with short controlled bursts and somehow not kill them... then they turn around and kill you with one shot... respawn and hustle along to take an undefended flag with a bunch of team mates... having learnt from last time you then leave the flag and hurry off with the rest of your squad to the next flag... and the one you've just captured is promptly re-captured by the enemy just after you've left...

Soldato
OP
Problem with battlefield games compared to the likes of COD - they look nice, have great atmosphere and modelling, etc... but the gameplay just degenerates into a mess with no real point to it and the "netcode" is pretty ropey...

My gameplay experience usually consists of... rush to a flag, take it, hang around to hold it while your squad moves on... no one appears, finally after a few minutes get bored and wander off and come across a prone (not moving) enemy with their back to you... empty the mag with short controlled bursts and somehow not kill them... then they turn around and kill you with one shot... respawn and hustle along to take an undefended flag with a bunch of team mates... having learnt from last time you then leave the flag and hurry off with the rest of your squad to the next flag... and the one you've just captured is promptly re-captured by the enemy just after you've left...

Sorry totally dont agree. COD4 is an inf only game... granted it has game mode's. But to me its the most loneliest games i've ever played, its really hard to work in as a team let alone get into one. I'm sorry but battlefield was huge game play. Best way to describe BF2 was in game that was in the middle of OPF2 and COD4... The fact i could sit in a chopper and guide my pilot towards towards enemy by first adding him to my squad then using terms such as "tango's at 3 o'clock" made it for me (sad as it may sound)

4Years after release they give another MASSIVE patch release. It still has a massive following so i what you've said cant be true.

You obviously were one of those guys who wasn't very good at BF2, should have stuck with it!

Remember BF2 was released some time b4 COD4 so the fact people still compared it is enough to say any future versions will prob kick COD's A$$... altho i think IW have already done DICE a favour!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Actually I was pretty good at BF2 - but the only time it was ever fun was when I jumped in with my bro or some clanmates on voice and worked together... usually just set our own objectives... and even then the netcode bugs and so on detracted hugely from it.

COD4 doesn't have as good squad support/interactive team play as such but the objectives feel far more meaningful and interesting to play. Tho sometimes your gameplay style just "clicks" with another player and you have some great team play as you hold a HQ covering the angles, luring enemy in, etc. in perfect sync with the other person.

BF2 would rock imo if they had fixed the annoying problems with the "netcode" and integrated ETQW style objectives (with slightly less linear flow).

Soldato
OP
Actually I was pretty good at BF2 - but the only time it was ever fun was when I jumped in with my bro or some clanmates on voice and worked together... usually just set our own objectives... and even then the netcode bugs and so on detracted hugely from it.

COD4 doesn't have as good squad support/interactive team play as such but the objectives feel far more meaningful and interesting to play. Tho sometimes your gameplay style just "clicks" with another player and you have some great team play as you hold a HQ covering the angles, luring enemy in, etc. in perfect sync with the other person.

BF2 would rock imo if they had fixed the annoying problems with the "netcode" and integrated ETQW style objectives (with slightly less linear flow).

DICE are running BF series now and from what they've shown so far there is a lot to come out. They had some game play flaws in bad company, but as they admitted never build a complete new gaming engine and design a game at the same time.... just doesn't work if you have a small time scale. BF1943 for ps3 has some how managed to get myself and a load of my clan playing on a CONSOLE more... The game apparently was created by DICE as a laugh because the map blue prints and everything were already there from 1942 and then told to publish... hence it just ending up on our laps b4 any gaming mag could say "coming next year".... WHAT A GAME THO!

TBH i can honestly say that i never once clicked with sum1 on COD4 and never worked as a team. I was going to join a clan to see but it just didn't feel right. Thought COD4 MW2 might have changed that and given squad based play... But hey guess i wont ever find out now cos i cancelled my pre-order.

Back
Top Bottom