Battlefield BC2 looking dam sweet

Associate
The two games are different. Modern warfare and MW2 are about close quarters fighting and twitch response. The battlefield series is more about large open maps and vehicular combat. Each are good in their own right. Modern warfare is a visceral and satisfying experience, but for me it got very old very quickly. Bit like Halo 3 after they released the Legendary map pack. I have spent more time playing BF1943 than either of those games, simply because it's bigger, and there is more to do

Soldato
It's awful, where the hell is Battlefield 3?

No planes in bad company, small maps, it's not really Battlefield as we know it.

Last edited:
Associate
never played bf1942, but loved bf2 and bf2142 i felt got a harsh rap - yes it wasnt much of an improvement over bf2 and the future wasteland settings were rather bleak, but it was still at least as good as bf2 imo.

This looks great, hopefully it will play like a slightly more action packed bf2 with better gfx and maybe some innovation (like 2142's titan mode, which was quite cool)

Soldato
OP
never played bf1942, but loved bf2 and bf2142 i felt got a harsh rap - yes it wasnt much of an improvement over bf2 and the future wasteland settings were rather bleak, but it was still at least as good as bf2 imo.

This looks great, hopefully it will play like a slightly more action packed bf2 with better gfx and maybe some innovation (like 2142's titan mode, which was quite cool)

tbh i was gutted that i could never get into 2142, just didn't do it for me.

I'm sure future bf games will have a wide variety of game mode's....

[off subject] I'm so gutted that they will more than likely drop the rank systm they used in bf2. Come on that was a work of beauty, i remember spending weeks on end trying to get my gold special ops badge and countless hours flying choppers to get my chopper service badge and my gold one... Awwww i miss the good old days... why did i take a brake from bf2 :(:(:( cry cry cry

Soldato
OP
I wonder how long after BF BC 2 is realeased they'll annonce BF3 with a release date... i recon it'll be summer 2011.... Hope so least my baby will be 1 years old and by then he can fend for him elf i suppose haha!!!

Associate
I wonder how long after BF BC 2 is realeased they'll annonce BF3 with a release date... i recon it'll be summer 2011.... Hope so least my baby will be 1 years old and by then he can fend for him elf i suppose haha!!!

Has been rumored to be second quarter 2010!! but with BFBC2 in march well see

XPE

XPE

Soldato
BFBC was fantastic on the console the only thing that let it down was the controls and the player limit, 2 thing that should be fixed with the pc release of bfbc2, my real concern is the release date it, mirror edge came out over 3 months after the console release and we haven't even got a release date for 1943 on the pc, so will this come out at the same time as the console versions ?

Associate
Looks good. As DICE have said this should have dedicated servers, I've no doubt it'll still just be a very obvious console port though. Any videos of the actual PC version yet?

Soldato
OP
The director of DICE Ben Cousins has quoted that "Battlefield was founded on the PC, when we release something for PC it will be spectacular" Dispite what they say they will always stay loyal to PC unlike IW. End of the day only way to make money these days in on the console. DICE will release a differrent version of Battlefield 3 than the console you watch! Look at bf2 on PC, totally different compared with the xbox game. I keep saying.... the PC version on a BF game will be massive maps, huge multiplayer teams..... up to 42 per team!

You can actually pre-order bf3... nuts!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom