Battlefield2: Xbox360

~J~

~J~

Soldato
OP
March is gonna be a VERY expensive month, not only am I gonna have to buy all these new games, but also pay for the wife to go away for the weekend so I can play'em :D

Soldato
But i gotta agree with gimpymoo, it looks suspicious, everything seems to be in a 3rd person, if its 1st person looking at other people, then where is the Gun, the HUD the chat panel??
Looks good though, i would have hoped 32 players for it, 32 players is great on BF2.
But will hold judgement till i see some true fragging videos of it

~J~

~J~

Soldato
OP
The only thing that will ruin this game is if they allow, like they did on Halo2, USB support which will get people using a mouse instead of the controller.

The controller is gonna be brilliant for things like the helicopters and planes though.

Associate
They'll have to find a good solution to enable large scale battles on live as 8 player battles hosted by a player just wont cut it. We will need dedicated servers to get the most out of this game.

Permabanned
bramski said:
They'll have to find a good solution to enable large scale battles on live as 8 player battles hosted by a player just wont cut it. We will need dedicated servers to get the most out of this game.

Agreed, someone hosting a 24 player battle with a 256k upload speed will cause lags on this.

Soldato
Yeah probably, I want to see movies of games where people run around shooting.
Like the Halo 2 demo at E3 in years gone by. Thats the stuff i love.
Same with the UT2007 screanies, i dont think they will look as textured as they do in game, but if they do, then i cant wait!

Associate
tHE BEST BIT FOR ME IS THAT EVERYONE WILL BE PLAYING ON THE SAME SETTINGS AND SEEING THE SAME SCREEN. nO MORE WILL WE GET PEOPLE PLAYING WITH SETTINGS TO MINIMISE DETAIL, OR EXTEND VIEW, OR CREATE WALL CLIPPING BUGS.....OH JOY!

Sorry about the caps lock, DOH!

Associate
0gami said:
I really need to get it out of my head that you need a mouse+keyboard to play FPS's, And I need to get used to the pad for them.

I have exactly the same problem. Then someone reminded me that I have probably been playing First person shooters for years on the PC (Used to love Team Fortress Classic, me) and have had plenty of practice. With a gamepad though, I hav been playing for a bit and declare 'KB/M rules!) So like you I am going to practice on the Gamepad and get my head around it.

Re BF2, online will be ok with a few players...especially if they are your mates and you are in the same squad...PC BF2 really comes into its own with a bunch of decent guys playing properly in squads. great game

Associate
Joypads are fine for fps shooters on consoles. You have to realise that you can't really jump off something, turn sideways in mid flight and get a headshot. It's less natural that keyboard and mouse, but everyone else will be using pads so there are no unfair advantages. Goldeneye and Halo were both great and they used pads.

Back
Top Bottom