Bayonetta - Nintendo Switch

Soldato
I somehow missed the original Bayonetta and the sequel but am quite tempted now they are both coming out on Switch in February.

I watched the Wii U video review over on IGN and B2 received a 9.5 which is pretty darn good (http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/10/13/bayonetta-2-review) although I'm not sure how this game will have aged.

Has anyone here played them before but still looking forward to the Switch release?

I understand B2 comes with a download code for the original game, is it worth playing them in order or does it not really make any difference story-wise?

Associate
Both incredible games and among my favourite ever, still the best Action Hack'n'Slash / Character Action games ever made imo.

I understand B2 comes with a download code for the original game, is it worth playing them in order or does it not really make any difference story-wise?

Bayonetta 2 is a new story, but there are strong connections and some backstory that won't make much sense if you haven't played the first game. The story is actually decent and kinda interesting but you shouldn't really be playing these games for the story. If you plan to buy physical (or buy both digital) then definitely play Bayo 1 first though.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Well you've all sold me on it, gonna pop it on pre-order now.

Think I'll try and complete B1 first but will see what the download size is like on release day, I've got rubbish broadband so could be a considerable wait time to play so might have to get started with B2.

Associate
Think I'll try and complete B1 first but will see what the download size is like on release day, I've got rubbish broadband so could be a considerable wait time to play so might have to get started with B2.

The digital versions are available to pre-load on the eShop

Bayonetta 1 is 8.5GB
Bayonetta 2 is 12.4GB

Soldato
Bayonetta was easily one of the best of that generation. If you like games in the vein of Devil May Cry that have oodles of depth - you could complete it multiple times and still have only scratched the surface - silly amounts of style and scope for looking cool as hell, Bayoneta is the best there's been :)

I didn't rate the second as highly either, but it's still a blast. Be warned - not for button mashers!

Soldato
OP
The digital versions are available to pre-load on the eShop

Bayonetta 1 is 8.5GB
Bayonetta 2 is 12.4GB

Yeah I saw that but it only says you get a discount for Bayonetta 1 if you buy 2, it doesn't say how much, whereas the physical version of 2 looks to be cheaper and comes with a code for 1 but I just can't pre-load.

Associate
Does anyone know if the B1 code being included with B2 physical is time limited? Definitely want to get this but have a few things I want to play first.

Back
Top Bottom