BBC and ITV biased towards England!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
In every match i've watched the commentators always lean towards a particular team or player. Brazil is a good example, played average and the commentators could barely contain themselves. Many of the so called "big players" get all their rubbish points ignored and anything average gets talked up.

I dont believe for one second that if Scotland were in it that Scottish commentators would be completely impartial anyway, i guess we'll never be able to prove that though ;).

Tru

Tru

Soldato
Bah we're just re-grouping and blooding in a new generation of super-footballer. Remember when Holland missed out on the World Cups in '82 and '86? They came back with avengance in '88. Just you wait.

Associate
Vandle said:
I thought there would be a boycott on mars bars in scotland because of the england adverts.
Much the same as sugar puffs in Sunderland.

There is :) They are giving them away half price in shops when you buy something.

Permabanned
OT a bit,but did anyone think the German camera feeds showed a fair bit of bias last night.Ballack gets within a yard of the ball and its worth a replay,Poland had a couple of shots on target and a couple of tumbles in the box that didn't get replays at all

Associate
The BBC are one of the worlds only international broadcasting companies that have international personalities on the discussion panels for both TV and Radio.
This WC already, we've seen Desailly, Leonardo, Strachan & Hansen - They may stray towards sneaking in English team talk (past & present) but I wouldn't say they are any more biased than any other country.

Associate
Gilly said:
Yes it is. Its called the British BC, but its English. It has its HQ in England and the vast majority of people working for it are English...

Founded by a Scotsman, John Reith. Would that mean that Dyson is now a Malaysian company as they have moved production to Malaysia and employ more people from there than the UK.

G|mp said:
But while were still on the subject, try watching the BBC coverage and not being able to understand what the 'experts' are saying
Gordon Strachan needs subtitles BBC Thank you very much

Thats bloody rich coming from someone from Wolverhampton.

Last edited:
Soldato
whoopsie.jpg

Man of Honour
grizzla said:
Founded by a Scotsman, John Reith. Would that mean that Dyson is now a Malaysian company as they have moved production to Malaysia and employ more people from there than the UK.
Predominantly, yes.

It'd mean I wouldn't be surprised if their staff were more biased towards Malaysia than anywhere else.

In fact, it would be perfectly natural and acceptable.

Associate
Let me explain something this is football and England are a competitor to Scotland not a friend not a ally a competitor a completly differant entity entirely. mmk

Don
lemonkettaz said:
they should be biased...

as they are british based.

i bet a german tv station would be rooting for germany

makes sense to me

too right , they would be biased towards the scots and welsh too

Associate
Gilly said:
Predominantly, yes.

It'd mean I wouldn't be surprised if their staff were more biased towards Malaysia than anywhere else.

In fact, it would be perfectly natural and acceptable.

I dont think that you can say a company is of a certain nationality because of its workforces nationality or location of production. The BBC is British not because of its employees but because of its audience, there is not really any level of bias in any direction. England is represented more heavily as its population makes up the majority of the total British population.

Man of Honour
grizzla said:
I dont think that you can say a company is of a certain nationality because of its workforces nationality or location of production.
Thats OK, you don't have to agree with me.

grizzla said:
I dont think that you can say a company is of a certain nationality because of its workforces nationality or location of production.
If you can recognise this, bearing in mind none of the other home nations are involved in the competition, what exactly is the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom