BBC and ITV biased towards England!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Gilly said:
If you can recognise this, bearing in mind none of the other home nations are involved in the competition, what exactly is the problem?

What are your assumptions of my problem, i do not have a problem, firstly i pointed out that the BBC was British, and i also found it lauaghable that someone from wolverhampton was complaining that he could not understand a scotsman. Btw i was born in Scotland but the rest of my family are English, i'm there supporting England as much as i would be if Scotland were there.

Soldato
Gilly said:
Yes it is. Its called the British BC, but its English. It has its HQ in England and the vast majority of people working for it are English...

I cant believe you even attempt to argue on this point, I`m sure most people disagree with you though. That type of argument (flying in the face of reason and FACT) reminds me of g/f when in full PMT mode........ :)

Soldato
5 million scots
3 million welsh
1.5 million irish..

FIFTY MILLION ENGLISH!!

Are people forgetting that? The English make up the overwhelming majority of the population of the UK and as such, the overwhelming amount of media time will be dedicated to English items..

Im sorry but thats common sense.

Soldato
There is nothing wrong with the BBC being biased towards England but I feel they do need to find more of a balance in thier coverage.

Scot's & English are the same race so we can not be racist to each other! FACT!!!

:)

Soldato
I really don't see the problem here. England are the only team from the UK and Ireland in the World Cup, so quite obviously a lot of the talk will be about England. No problem there. Speaking as a football fan from N.Ireland I can safely say that if N.Ireland were in the World Cup that our coverage back home would be concentrating on N.Irelands progress in the competition and at every opportunity there would be regular updates from the camp.

Both the BBC and ITV (as mentioned above) have football pundits who have played for Scotland, N.Ireland and the Republic of Ireland giving their views and opinions. And on top of that they have former players like Gullit, Leonardo, Desailly, Hasselbaink (I can't remember the other names) who have played for their country at International level in the studios talking about the football.

Tru

Tru

Soldato
Joking aside, you'll find that most Celts with half a brain don't mind the unavoidable bias, you'd need to replace everyone with robots to get entirely impartial coverage.

It's when airtime is given to trivialities about the England team instead of being used for highlights or analysis of other matches that gets me.

I was watching the highlights on ITV the other night and they showed about 5 seconds of two matches and then spent 10 mins deconstructing the England game AGAIN. We already know they were rubbish, yes it was hot, Hargreaves is crap; we don't need Robbie Earle to go over this for the millionth time.

I saw Linekar go live to Garth Crooks to watch the England team bus pull out of the hotel car park yesterday. Why?

Soldato
Garth Crooks is a legend. But I honestly think he gets his questions from kids in Primary School.... :D

Seriously, listen to the questions he asks next time he's interviewing someone. I can't stop laughing at him now.

Soldato
grizzla said:
No they arent.... if you want i can give you reasons why

In a court of law we are.

There was a case a couple of years ago where a Scottish woman was sueing her former English employer for being racist towards her. The judge ruled that the employer could not have been racist bacause we are the same race.

Associate
The bias is only there because as there arent other teams in the WC. If Scotland had a team there would be extra air time for matchs training..etc in the same way. I`m not really sure how others can complain, they didnt qualify so its not like the BBC can give updates on their team and performance. The commentary is always biased in any country you go to as is the all the media and news.

The first leg of the chelsea champions league match against barca (which was rather contraversial) was reported here as a harsh sending off...etc, while the spanish press reported it as a powerful performance from barca that completely dominated the game.

There is always media bias and the scottish media isnt exactly the most fair and representative that is going (ie PRO scotland ANTI england). England has the majority population and are the only team in the WC to follow from the 4 nations. You will see a lot of them. END OF. If you cant put up with that, watching something else.....

Man of Honour
weescott said:
Scot's & English are the same race so we can not be racist to each other! FACT!!!

:)
A point I have made several times myself in many other threads only for the overwhelming truth to be ignored. Many people confuse nation with race.

Soldato
Goatboy said:
Both BBC and ITV have Scotting/Irish pundits, given that no other home nations qualified what more do they want?

Dunno, but I'm English and I don't want them being pundits as they bore me.. :p

Soldato
afraser2k said:
That image just sums up this whole thread quite well. :D

Anyway, Scottish media are being biased towards Trinidad & Tobago. :p

Scotland..

Who cares.. ^^

When Scotland amounts to anything then im sure people will be concerned about what they have to say...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom