BBC and ITV biased towards England!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
newbiejim said:
I cant believe you even attempt to argue on this point, I`m sure most people disagree with you though. That type of argument (flying in the face of reason and FACT) reminds me of g/f when in full PMT mode........ :)
Other people have made the same point. The overwhelming majority of the BBC's target audience are English. This cannot be argued, it is FACT.

Soldato
as with most english posters i dont see the problem with a bias towards england

1. we are in the world cup, wales and scotland etc arnt
2. its the bbc in england , i know it provides tv to wales scotland etc
3 .we are in the world cup, wales and scotland etc arnt
4. theres loads more english than the rest of the scots welsh etc
5. we are in the world cup, wales and scotland etc arnt

Tru

Tru

Soldato
da_mic_1530 said:
as with most english posters i dont see the problem with a bias towards england

1. we are in the world cup, wales and scotland etc arnt
2. its the bbc in england , i know it provides tv to wales scotland etc
3 .we are in the world cup, wales and scotland etc arnt
4. theres loads more english than the rest of the scots welsh etc
5. we are in the world cup, wales and scotland etc arnt
Why didn't you just type 'Nyah Nyah NyahNyah Nyah' and flick the V's at your monitor?

Soldato
To be totally honest the way the media goes overboard with 66 references and the hand of god goal grinds on me a lot despite the fact I'm an avid England supporter. I wouldn't mind it in small doses but all the time is too much.

Some of the bias in the commentary gets on my nerves too but thats mainly Motson's fault if you ask me. That complete scumbag is either blind or he chooses to ignore 90% of what goes on in a game. I also can't stand the fact he is so unbelievably biased towards Brazil, the quarter final game from 2002 being a prime example.

The main problem the Scots, Northern Irish and the Welsh have though is 50 million people are interested in England, and the other 10 million don't have anyone in particular to be interested about. I want more coverage of England than anyone else, but I would like coverage on possible opponents for us too.

Soldato
Gilly said:
Other people have made the same point. The overwhelming majority of the BBC's target audience are English. This cannot be argued, it is FACT.

hmmm, I dont think so....World Service, target audience......err.........dunno how many million and not English...........AND since when did target audience prove your point?

and I dont see many peeps arguing this point, must be because its clearly mental to say the BBC isnt British :)

and just for the record, this is the only part of this thread I have issue with. Personally I want England to do well AND I can understand that we get more coverage of the England campaign, heck I even enjoy it. Furthermore the anti-english nonsense up here is way worse then any pro English-bias I see, all IMHO of course.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Bloody hell, leave a thread for 5 minutes and look what happens

If you dont like the coverage dont watch it, im sure theres a Take the high road repeat on somewhere

Is grizzla offended by any of my comments?

I do hope so

Associate
These attitudes show why no-one else in the UK would ever support Engerland :o .... God knows iv tried, but it really is like like gettin teeth pulled out!1!

I don't mind English bias when they are actually playing. but it occurs every single game and will defo continue after they get put out :p

Soldato
mburn_83 said:
These attitudes show why no-one else in the UK would ever support Engerland :o .... God knows iv tried, but it really is like like gettin teeth pulled out!1!

I don't mind English bias when they are actually playing. but it occurs every single game and will defo continue after they get put out :p

What attitudes?

The posters in this thread are only responding to stroppy scots who are sore about never having achieved anything in their entire history.

Soldato
mburn_83 said:
haha- no scots fed up with all the call ups of when the great english nation fell over the line and won something... Out of interset how many times have the England team won a tournament????

Who cares?

Even if England never won anything, we can still support them...

Im sorry your country is so pathetic and bitter that you have to hate on the English for supporting their teams...

Boo hoo you have to watch a few weeks of england football dominated football...

Permabanned
Balddog said:

More like a few weeks of John 'Muppet' Motson mentioning '1966' 20 times in every match he commentates, whilst England lose on penalties in the last 16 or quarters.

Soldato
I'm Scottish and can see both sides of the argument. I really don't mind the media coverage of the world cup in general. The one thing I don't like is when the pundits/commentators go on about England when they aren't even playing but I can live with it

Associate
Balddog said:
Who cares?

Even if England never won anything, we can still support them...

Im sorry your country is so pathetic and bitter that you have to hate on the English for supporting their teams...

Not really... I couldn't care less about england tbh- i just don't want to hear the windbags they insist on putting on tv. There must be at least one decent english comentater out there?

And as for scotland being pathetic??? thats a bit rich coming from an englishman :p

Soldato
mburn_83 said:
Not really... I couldn't care less about england tbh- i just don't want to hear the windbags they insist on putting on tv. There must be at least one decent english comentater out there?

And as for scotland being pathetic??? thats a bit rich coming from an englishman :p

So turn the commentary off...Id kill to hear those windbag commentators, you have no idea how bad it is listening to it in a foreign language and from commentators who dont care about the team in question.

Scotland and Wales are nothing without England...;) Just remember that.

Associate
Balddog said:
So turn the commentary off...Id kill to hear those windbag commentators, you have no idea how bad it is listening to it in a foreign language and from commentators who dont care about the team in question.

Scotland and Wales are nothing without England...;) Just remember that.

HAHAHA and England is nothing without Scotland and wales ;) . just remember that!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom