BBC and ITV biased towards England!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Balddog said:
Oh really? Care to justify that? What do Scotland and Wales contribute to England?

Open up a history book for a full list of the contributions that we have made! And the same thing could be said about what England do for us present day??? I can't think of anything which doesn't work both ways ;)

Soldato
mburn_83 said:
Open up a history book for a full list of the contributions that we have made! And the same thing could be said about what England do for us present day??? I can't think of anything which doesn't work both ways ;)

Im in korea, i dont have history books here...please educate me...Come on..

You honestly dont know about the economic situation?

You think Scotland supports itself? :o

Soldato
Balddog said:
Who cares?

Even if England never won anything, we can still support them...

Im sorry your country is so pathetic and bitter that you have to hate on the English for supporting their teams...

Boo hoo you have to watch a few weeks of england football dominated football...

Don't think I've said anything to be "pathetic and bitter" about the English?

Besides, I agree with those saying of course it'll be biased towards England, they just want to get a large share of the viewing public and guess who is in the tournament? :)

Just like Scottish media going on about English opponents, they're only trying to get the public to read/listen/watch their product and they think that's how they need to go about it.

Anyway, keep the jibes coming against the other home nations as usual when England go out, you seem to be used to that. ;)

Soldato
Stinks of sour grapes from the Scots, perhaps if they had a little talent they'd have qualified and actually had a bit of coverage, who want's to listen to how they failed? Not me ...

Soldato
afraser2k said:
Don't think I've said anything to be "pathetic and bitter" about the English?

Besides, I agree with those saying of course it'll be biased towards England, they just want to get a large share of the viewing public and guess who is in the tournament? :)

Just like Scottish media going on about English opponents, they're only trying to get the public to read/listen/watch their product and they think that's how they need to go about it.

Anyway, keep the jibes coming against the other home nations as usual when England go out, you seem to be used to that. ;)

Actually you have...and you do it quite frequently...

I dont understand your last sentence...we seem to be used to insulting the other nations when we go out? English jibes are only ever in response to scottish or welsh pettiness.

Soldato
It never ceases to amaze me how (and this applies to all nationalities) people seem to believe that because of the random event that was their birth, they then feel that they then personally are part responsible for all their nation of birth's achievements.........and consequently can boast about said achievments.......

However... Joe Jordan would kick the proverbial out of Peter Crouch anyday.... :)

Soldato
newbiejim said:
It never ceases to amaze me how (and this applies to all nationalities) people seem to believe that because of the random event that was their birth, they then feel that they then personally are part responsible for all their nation of birth's achievements.........and consequently can boast about said achievments.......

However... Joe Jordan would kick the proverbial out of Peter Crouch anyday.... :)

Who is boasting about achievements?

Soldato
Balddog said:
Actually you have...and you do it quite frequently...

I don't see how I've made any anti-English comments at all, especially recently in the WC fever? The comments I've made have been balanced observations as I'm so fed up of our media trying to go against England because they think it sells? I mean, as if anyone in England cares what we think of their team?

Balddog said:
I dont understand your last sentence...we seem to be used to insulting the other nations when we go out? English jibes are only ever in response to scottish or welsh pettiness.

As in when "our" pettiness brings the usual response of "at least we were there" and our reply is usually "at least we know we're ****" (well, from the more diplomatic fans).

Soldato
newbiejim said:
conveniently omitting to answer the World Service point etc.........

World service isn't world cup fool.

World cup cannot be broadcast by bbc to other countries as it's part of their contract, as other companies have to bid to show it in their nations. Therefore your point is invalid.

eg:
"Q: Why is broadband viewing online restricted to UK residents?

A: The main reason is because the sports bodies, who hold the rights to events such as the World Cup, sell those rights on a country-by-country, or regional basis because that's the way they make the most money. In the case of the World Cup, where the BBC and ITV hold the UK rights, other broadcasters will be providing a similar service in their own territories.

Obviously the internet is a worldwide medium and we ensure that the bulk of our website is available to all, regardless of location. But as a public service organisation, which is funded by UK licence fee, BBC Sport's priority has to be the British domestic audience. "

Since it's going to UK and there's only England in the UK in the World Cup, and since the majority of people watching england games in England are English, then shouldn't there be a bias towards England?

:p

Soldato
Balddog said:
Who is boasting about achievements?

my post was a general observation not necessarily directly derived from any explicit text here, however there IS a broad implicit English-superiority thang apparent from the tone and arrogant nature of some statements, all IMHO of course,
Balddog said:
You honestly dont know about the economic situation?

You think Scotland supports itself? :o

however you seem to allude (hugely contentious i might add) that England is economically superior etc, and of course the odd statement that the BBC is English etc.....why would anyone want to declare this?, all things considered there is def a whiff of boasting, anyway the game is on soon.........

Soldato
Balddog said:
Oh really? Care to justify that? What do Scotland and Wales contribute to England?

Sounds like a Monty python sketch to me. What have the Romans ever done for us? Well they gave us roads....lol.

A fact is that Scotland could easily support itself from oil, this was admitted by the government years ago.

us Scots know that we are rubbish at football and we don't really care tbh!

:)

Soldato
newbiejim said:
You are a complete simpleton, the question relates to THE BBC , get it now?
"JACK McConnell launched a stinging attack on the BBC and ITV last night for being too biased in favour of England in their World Cup coverage."

Don't be a complete tool.

Their world cup coverage is not shown outside of the UK. World Service is completely irrelevant.

Soldato
georges said:
JACK McConnell launched a stinging attack on the BBC and ITV last night for being too biased in favour of England in their World Cup coverage."

Don't be a complete tool.

Their world cup coverage is not shown outside of the UK. World Service is completely irrelevant.

in reply to the above..........

G|mp said:
English TV station in bias towards England shocker :eek:

Or has everyone forgot when we all were supposed to become honorary Irishman
in WC 94
And can we have less of the sweatys moaning it aint our fault you aint there ;)
This above is the original post I replied to, I urge you to read through all my posts.

You have misunderstood, I totally disagree with Jack McConnell and all petty patriotism etc. My ONLY point here is that the bbc is NOT English ffs. Do you think the BBC isnt British and that it is English?

and BTW it was you who initiated being rude (i was going to descend into pettiness here and call you a dullard but I wont :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom