BBC Radio producer jailed over sex videoing

Soldato
You thought filming someone having sex without their consent would be legal?

Well, they would be having sex with you... so all it is is like a less realistic version of what actually happened. I would really have expected that as long as it wasn't rape, you didn't show other people (even then I would expect it to be legal), then you have a right to record your life? It's OK for photographers to take pictures of/video randomers in the street, surely it's only a small jump to then doing the same when they have sex, especially when it's with the actual recording individual.
...So yes, I would have thought that, yes.

Man of Honour
It's a violation of privacy crime, not a sex crime. So he shouldn't be placed on the sex offenders registry. Jail is a bit harsh for the crime and it reeks of hypocrisy when the general message from the authorities is that no-one should be allowed privacy because privacy compromises security.

The sex offenders registry is deliberately and continually pitched as a list of rapists and child abusers. They should either change it into that or stop lying about what it is.

Man of Honour
I wonder how many here would have the same opinions if it were themselves or a someone they knew that were being filmed without their knowledge ?

What he did was unacceptable although I can think of other people more worthy of cell space and a place on the SOR.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I wonder how many here would have the same opinions if it were themselves or a someone they knew that were being filmed without their knowledge ?

What he did was unacceptable although I can think of other people more worthy of cell space and a place on the SOR.

TBH I wouldn't really care. I'd be a bit miffed maybe but as long as it wasn't distributed then I wouldn't really worry about it.

I thought about that before I replied to this thread....

Soldato

I think the sentence is fair (I guess) but 10 years on the SOR? That's just crazy!

Is he really as bad as a rapist or paedophile? Nope. But he's been bunched in with those.

What a total joke of a decision.

Soldato
Jail sentence is way over the top, the guys obviously a total dick but 8 months?

The guy used to work with who got caught downloading kiddy pics only served 6 weeks in clink. (way too low)

Register wise i actually think is ok. its not like its tattooed on his face it just means he cant get certain jobs and frankly im ok with that cause i wouldnt want someone who does this working around my kids or in a hospital or something.

I cant help but wonder which TV presenter it was.....BBC got any fit women presenters right now?

Soldato
What if he stuck little "Smile! You're on CCTV!" plaques around the house. Like, little tiny ones in the corner of the corridors, but not in the bedroom. Would he have been covered then?

What if you had constant real-time video monitoring all over your house and decided to have an impromptu hot'n'heavy session in the living room. Someone else logs into your online monitoring VPN and all of a sudden you're a filthy pervert?

******* ridiculous putting him on the sex offender's register, if you ask me.

Associate
Mental. However what was he up to to make her feel "feeling violated, dirty and sick"

Must have been a crap shag

Man of Honour

I would. It's a relatively minor privacy issue, which doesn't warrant 8 months in jail, 10 years as a registered sex offender (which we're all conditioned to believe means child abuser or rapist) and an ever-increasing number of jobs forever closed to him (criminal background check).

Soldato
Okay videoing without telling your gf is a little bit wierd and not right - but he kept them private. His current gf was the one who released them, sending one to the woman involved.

Who has done the most harm here? I could understand if she was disgusted and took them to the police but sending one to the 'victim' is likely and possibly even intended to cause harm to that woman.

Has she been done for anything?

Soldato
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8549608.stm

what he did was naff / stupid / wrong - but did he deserve a custodial sentence of 8 months, plus sex register for 10 years?

he filmed his liaisons and kept the recordings for personal use - then stopped doing it and settled down and had kids...

the judge said he showed a "cruel, selfish betrayal of trust" but his girlfriend didn't show much loyalty when she shopped him?

I have to agree 100%, sounded like the gf was snake with **** and have ruined his life over not very much

Back
Top Bottom