1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Be-Kind Rewind

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by DailyGeek, 23 Feb 2008.

1. DailyGeek

Mobster

Anyone seen this yet? Caught it last night, quite enjoyed it. It's hard to explain because it has a few real LOL moments but it's not solidly hilarious but also tells a nice if ridiculous storey :p

Worth a watch I reckon anyway :)

2. unknown79

Gangster

Looked absolutely over the top comedy from the trailer but my mates are thinkin of going to see it :rolleyes: 50/50 at the mo

3. syke

Capodecina

Omg, was just thinking of starting a thread on this, like 5 mins before you did!

Really want to see this film, was it as funny as some of the trailers?

4. shifty_uk

Capodecina

Agree.

Not keen on Jack Black either.

5. Frame352

Wise Guy

Saw it last night, and I'm kinda torn on how I felt about it. It did have some genuinely funny moments, but I think it would be a mistake to judge the tone of the movie on the trailers...

The trailers kinda portray it as a whacky Jack Black vehicle, but it's much more whimsical and sentimental in reality. So it's very much a Gondry film, rather than a Black one. Some lovely quirky visuals though. Very imaginative... Just don't go expecting to be laughing for 90 minutes.

Overall, it had a certain charm to it, some good laughs, but I left feeling somewhat unsatisfied. Maybe I didn't eat enough sweets.

6. stude1983

Wise Guy

ive not seen it yet and wish to. i like the concept and im a fan of gondry so when ive watched it ill let you know what i thought.

7. richyfingers

Wise Guy

I was really looking forward to this film, went in with high hopes and was majorly disappointed. The only parts I liked was when they were actually filming the new ‘movies’. The Ghostbusters bit was the best, other than that I found it boring and far to cheesy.

8. Dracata

Wise Guy

Going to see this tonight so i'll let you know what I think of it once i've been :) I'm going with an open mind, and although i'm looking forward to it I realise it has received mixed reviews so i'm not expecting a 90-minute laugh-fest

9. yaboy

PermaBanned

Jack Black = I'm in!

10. Dracata

Wise Guy

After seeing it I completely agree with this.. It's not a bad film at all and has some genuinely laugh out loud moments, but its really hard to explain.. its very silly at points.

11. sja360

Mobster

i felt abit let down too, i was expecting more laughs after seeing the trailer before hand. doesnt mean it was rubbish but it didnt meet the expectations the trailer portrayed. still above average, however i wouldnt watch it again i think.

12. Abraham

Sgarrista

i really got the impression that it was two films shoehorned into one
    the wacky swedeing film, which would have been another stock wacky comedy
    and the emo story about saving the store, which at best would have been a made for tv film, possibly an episode of something else

13. SkeeterUK

Capodecina

Saw this last friday it was hillarious. I loved the ghostbusters segment. Kinda got bit boring near the end tho. But the whole cinema was laughing out loud alot during this one and so was i.

Defo recommend it.

14. ots3go

Mobster

Worst. Film. Ever.

Now, I've seen films that sucked before... but this is a stinker.

I think it raised a smile around three times.

With this and Nacho Libre... what's Jack Black doing to himself :(.

15. Sic

Capodecina

Mos Def; how the mighty have fallen.

Jack Black; fat waste of everyone's time.

16. RandomTom

Sgarrista

I went to see this last week and I have to say that the trailers really try and con you into seeing this all-out comedy. The story behind it is a bit lack-luster, with some ridiculously over the top moments, that just didn't fit and only seemed to please the dumbed-down expectations of the Jack Black role. I thought overall, as mentioned above, it could have fallen into 2 films. I'd not particularly recommend going to see it, if you're looking for a comedy you'll only enjoy the bit where they make the films.

17. bledd

Don

jack black is an american chris moyles

both of them are slobbish #####

18. The_morrell

Wise Guy

not going to the cinema to watch this one, rubbish cheap film idea!

I think they should have just remade the jackel in this film.. it would have been a perfect remake. It also would have repaided the dept that jack owes me from that natco liber rubbish I saw him in last..

19. Dave

Mobster

I saw it on Wednesday, really liked it. Then again I'll watch anything with JB in!

20. bledd

Don

taste is opinionated, and everyone is entitled to an opinion, but your taste is wrong :p