Be Quiet 500DX

Soldato
How are you planning to mount the AIO in the front? I have the same case and was looking at the same AIO, but wanted the rad right at the front (just behind the mesh where the stock fan is installed) and the fans inside the case, unfortunately because of the extra thick rad, it won't actually fit in that space without removing the dust filter, so the alternative would be to have the big chunky rad on the inside, which IMO would spoil the clean look of the interior :/

Soldato
OP
So, the arctic liquid freezer isn't here yet, so the stock cooler was not doing the job very well at all. So took my old corsair h80 & bingo fits AM4. Not bad for an 8 year old AIO.
Sort of gives you an idea of how the rad will look at the front. I don't think it looks too bad.Will look better with a 240/280. Looks like it's pretty tight up top for mounting.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just bought this case from the rainforest, being delivered tomorrow as stock seems scarce currently. Looks generous in clearance... should fit my Kraken X63 and 5700 Gaming X in without issues.

Soldato
Recently finished a build in this case, not bad a little cramped for room. However be warned that the front USB header can be a nightmare to remove should you wish to later. I was confronted with this issue yesterday… this led to me prising it from the motherboard using a flat head screwdriver, usually a small tug and these un-clip with ease but not this one! I've seen a lot of feedback on this that it can get stuck and without care can damage the header on the motherboard or worse pull it clean off breaking the pins.

Associate
Will be building a new PC soon and have my sights set on this case. Seems to be the perfect case for my needs of a midi tower case, with good airflow and not too noisy, plus quite like the looks of it.

Soldato
I swapped the fans in mine for some shadow wings (to match the white :p) and its now basically silent at idle - only thing that really makes a noise is the GPU when I fire up a game

Ree

Ree

Associate
tempted to get this or the phanteks p400a but this is looking more likely as it's nicer imo.

Soldato
Did my move yesterday:

I wish I could turn off the RGB on the MSI motherboard.

My only question is this:

the ARGB cable has 2+1 pin holes, but the ARGB header on my mobo has 4. this normal?

Back
Top Bottom