Beckham - out of world cup?

Permabanned
Hes not really played part in England games apart from the cameo appearance, he would have been the first English player to at 4 World Cups and bang goes him going after the cap record.

Caporegime
The injuries are building up :(

Indeed, but Beckham was never going to be a first team starter was he? He's just there for moral / camo appearances imo.

I think on the pitch, replaceable. His effect on the players / moral and younger players could be missed, but if he's bothered about England I'm sure he'll be there.

Soldato
I hope we see more of Shaun Wright Phillips now - he's always been one of my favourites and I think he plays well in Beckhams position.

Caporegime
I hope we see more of Shaun Wright Phillips now - he's always been one of my favourites and I think he plays well in Beckhams position.

In any of the friendlies and qualifiers he has played in he has been useless.

I'd even have Walcott on the right instead of him, and that's saying something.

Soldato
In any of the friendlies and qualifiers he has played in he has been useless.

I'd even have Walcott on the right instead of him, and that's saying something.

Didn't you watch the Egypt game? SWP played a hell of a lot better than Walcott.

I would say SWP gets more first team game time than Walcott.

Caporegime

He isn't good at football.

He's not good, I'm with Skip. I'd take Walcott on the right before SWP.

I just hope Lenny is fit for the World Cup.

Caporegime
If I'm honest, I'd have Beckham still starting on the right with Johnson behind him. Lennon definitely deserves his chance to make the position his own though. Just needs to shake this injury.

Soldato
Matty Ethrington on left and swap gerrard to the right 2bh. ;);)

Im HIGHLY biased though! There was talk of a call up before he got injured though. Not many better English left midfielders at the moment

Caporegime
Gerrard shouldn't be starting for England.

/flame proof jacket.

I'd much rather see two natural wingers / wide players.

Gerrard is always doing what he wants coming in to the middle, just has no effect imo.

Either Lampard / Gerrard with Barry or (if he actually gets form back) Hargreaves / Carrick.

Soldato
Gutted for Beckham. As others have said I think he was trying to get some good football in to allow him to play in the WC. Hopefully he won't lose to much interest and keep going.

Soldato
We should play Gerrard just behind Rooney and get two natural wingers in.

Gutted for Beckham, he really seems to care about playing for England.

Back
Top Bottom