Beckham - out of world cup?

Associate
SWP imo, was pretty dire today against Sunderland. I don't know if the pitch played a part in that, as it was rubbish. I don't think SWP should go to the World Cup. But I think we've left it too late to try someone new on the right wing, so no doubt we'll end up taking an out of form player/out of position player.

Don
It wouldn't be such a bad move for Capello to ask Beckham to go to the WC and be part of the staff. I'm sure his presence in the dressing room would be a big positive for the players. Let's be honest that's all he was going for, his off the field influence.

Soldato
It wouldn't be such a bad move for Capello to ask Beckham to go to the WC and be part of the staff. I'm sure his presence in the dressing room would be a big positive for the players. Let's be honest that's all he was going for, his off the field influence.

Yeah I reckon this will happen. Looks like he went through the wars for that Milan game. The more these injuries start piling up, the more exposed the squad looks. There now seems to be too many uncertain positions around the pitch, both full back positions and the flanks are up for grabs. There isn't a settled central midfield and no set in stone partner for Rooney up front, along with the goalkeeping situation. Bit of a shambles looking at it really. :p

Soldato
Yeah I reckon this will happen. Looks like he went through the wars for that Milan game. The more these injuries start piling up, the more exposed the squad looks. There now seems to be too many uncertain positions around the pitch, both full back positions and the flanks are up for grabs. There isn't a settled central midfield and no set in stone partner for Rooney up front, along with the goalkeeping situation. Bit of a shambles looking at it really. :p

Surely Rafael/Fabio at right back, Evra at left back and Berbatov... oh no... wait...

I'm absolutely gutted for Beckham - a truly class act who always gives 100% for whatever team he's playing for. I could see him being asked to go as a back room staff member, but I don't know if he would - it'd be pretty heartbreaking watching the team run out and not be able to be involved.

Without sounding too harsh, I just don't think England have enough world class players going to this world cup to truly challenge.

Associate
I'm already sick to death of this story... Was on the BBC news this morning about 3 times in 15min. I mean, ok he's injured gotta feel for the guy but leave it there.... Arsenal guy got his leg snapped in game and I dont remember seeing that on the news all day.

Just move on.. Professional athletes get injured all the time.
If the english world cup hopes hinge on 1 man then tough s*** (I can say this as being Scottish you learn to live with football failure)

Soldato
Why is everyone I know feeling 'sorry' for him?

I feel sorry for Marines that have been shot the **** out of in Afghanistan. Not some grossly over-paid borderline retarded footballer who left this country anyway. Not only that it is an *incredibly* common injury.

Back
Top Bottom