Beckham - out of world cup?

Soldato
Why is everyone I know feeling 'sorry' for him?

I feel sorry for Marines that have been shot the **** out of in Afghanistan. Not some grossly over-paid borderline retarded footballer who left this country anyway. Not only that it is an *incredibly* common injury.

We aren't sorry for him, just that our wold cup chances are even bleaker now.

Soldato
Why is everyone I know feeling 'sorry' for him?

I feel sorry for Marines that have been shot the **** out of in Afghanistan. Not some grossly over-paid borderline retarded footballer who left this country anyway. Not only that it is an *incredibly* common injury.

Dude... As you're climbing down off that high horse of yours... Take a look (carefully) at the OP :)

Caporegime
We aren't sorry for him, just that our wold cup chances are even bleaker now.

England weren't going to win the W.C. with this squad anyhow. The media hype is OTT and unrealistic.

Sure we have some good players... but are we really a better team than Spain, Italy, Brazil, Germany and the likes? Even if we managed the odd lucky result, you'd still have to beat 2-3 teams of that quality.

England have done well to get to the competition proper, and should get past the group stages given that we got our dream group. But beyond that, don't expect too much, or you're likely to be disappointed.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Why does it make our World Cup chances bleaker? :confused:

He was only going for keeping moral up and helping younger players. He can do that even if he's not fit.

Agreed.
In my mind it's better that fitness or the lack of it has Completely ruled him out as I didn't want him taking up a place in the team.
He had his chance back in the day & now I feel it's time for him to pass on his experience from the side lines.

Soldato
MILNER!!!! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lennon > SWP > Bentley > > Walcott

Fixed.

Although he will be in the squad anyway he is much better than any of those players. He has pace, accuracy, skill, commitment the lot. If muppets like Lennon and SWP get in the team before him I would be disapointed.

And I feel sorry for Beckham too, great footballer someone who could come on and change a game. It is a loss for England despite him not being a starter in the line up.

Back
Top Bottom