Beckham - out of world cup?

Permabanned
Why is everyone I know feeling 'sorry' for him?

I feel sorry for Marines that have been shot the **** out of in Afghanistan. Not some grossly over-paid borderline retarded footballer who left this country anyway. Not only that it is an *incredibly* common injury.

Why is everyone feeling sorry for the marines? I feel sorry for the civilians who are getting shot the ***** at for no reason other then where they happen to be born. Oh look there is always someone else worse off , It doesn't mean we undermine the other things.

Soldato
Believe it or not, life doesn't end at 30. At least I hope not, I'm 29 & 4/5 :D

I was joking :D

Although his fitness level might start to drag for a full 90 minutes, he still has skill, I just hate the media's overhyped paranoid view on

"Oh noes beckham is not playing in the world cup, the world will FAIL and we will all die!" blah blah blah

Wasnt it the same with the rugby when Johnny Wilkinson gained a (x)month injury before the six nations/world cup. Was like the media/fans forgot that there were other player in the team.

Soldato
David beckham isn't even THAT good a footballer. He just sells merchandise to northern kids.
Same as that bloke who sold crisps.

Footballers are just wimps anyway, why I watch rugby. They don't wander off every time they fall over and graze their knee.

Associate
He's worn a lot worse things than that hat!!! Like that sarong at the turn of the century or circa that time.

On a footballing note - We've lost our plan b or at least a decent sub that can offer a different dimension. He's still one of the best crossers and passers in the game and brings a lot in terms of enthusiasm and determination - We won't miss the David Beckham media circus, however.

Soldato
I know a guy who finished the last 10 minutes of a game of rugby with a broken ankle. Just gaffa taped it up and got on with it.

He's thick as two short planks but hard as nails, which athletes should be.

But you see that is not an athlete :rolleyes:
An athlete is a highly tuned machine at the very top of their game! Anyone who has trained for anything serious over a period of time will understand this.
I genuinely feel sorry for the guy - this was to be one of his life achievements, and now what 3months before, he can no longer experience this monumental achievement.

Soldato
But you see that is not an athlete :rolleyes:
An athlete is a highly tuned machine at the very top of their game! Anyone who has trained for anything serious over a period of time will understand this.
A true athlete is also someone whose saliva glands have developed to such a high degree they have to gob very few seconds...

Soldato
Rugby players are just men who enjoy groping each other in scrums.

Football at least has finesse and it flows much better as a game.

You're questioning masculinity and then using football players as a reference? Have you not seen that hat? :rolleyes: Careful, or I'll show you Beckhams sarong photos - You know I'll do it! :)

Associate
Rugby Union players - Athletes lmao!

They are fat arse sniffers who drink excessive amounts of ale! Tradionally anyway, not so much these days but still - they are fat beasts!

Football - the beautiful game!

Back
Top Bottom