Beckham - out of world cup?

Soldato
Gerrard shouldn't be starting for England.

/flame proof jacket.

I'd much rather see two natural wingers / wide players.

Gerrard is always doing what he wants coming in to the middle, just has no effect imo.

Either Lampard / Gerrard with Barry or (if he actually gets form back) Hargreaves / Carrick.

agree

Caporegime
He can't live on that forever Jakeke. One of these days he'll have to actually do something on the pitch.

Exactly...he got a hattrick against a very poor Croatian side and since then he hasnt done a lot whether it be for Arsenal or England...hes got the talent but far too inconsistent for me...id rather take SWP than Walcott to WC in all honesty.

Soldato
You think rugby is not a physically challenging sport? I would like to see some people here play a full 80 minute game of physical rugby none of this standing around stuff, then play a game of footie and compare the two

Rugby is a lot more physically challanging especially when its raining, and the fact is....They may be big, but its muscle. Put a real fat man on the pitch he wouldnt last 5 minutes.

Soldato
Beckham might not have played every game, but was vital to take in the squad IMO. I'd say half the tears are the realisation of not being able to go to the world cup (being his 4th), and possibly a career ender, depending how he recovers.

Soldato
Guys, he's played about 10 games since then, and he's 20. 20! You can't expect consistency from a 20 year old, Fabregas isn't even consistent :( Only Messi is

Last edited:
Soldato
Another alpha male discussion eh!

Like him or not, this guy is one of life's winners and he's done it doing something he loves and has inspired a nation, so I feel for him. He's a good guy and a lot more down to earth than a lot of people make out. You say he's not manly but how many of your girlfriends/girlfriends mothers would hop on him in comparison to a brick **** house rugby player?

Soldato
David beckham isn't even THAT good a footballer. He just sells merchandise to northern kids.
Same as that bloke who sold crisps.

Footballers are just wimps anyway, why I watch rugby. They don't wander off every time they fall over and graze their knee.

debatable...

and what northern kids ?

Man of Honour
Such a shame for Beckham, a consummate professional who would do anything to play for his country. Whether he was a starter or not he certainly deserved to be in the squad. When you're 1-0 down with 15 minutes to go and you've got big lanky Crouch in the box, who better to deliver crosses to him?

Maybe now is a good time for Capello to convince Mikel Arteta to play for England instead of Spain? He can do pretty much everything Beckham can, and a lot more to go with it.

Soldato
He was/is a special talent. His passing and general kicking ability was second to none in his prime.

And what the hell does it matter what he wears? End of the day he's a great footballer, has more than enough money, and can get any woman he wants.

So, I don't really see where his problem is? Anyone?

Caporegime
Back
Top Bottom