Been asked to go on "Tonight with Trevor McDonald" Re Gaming

Soldato
Azza said:
ITV no no no, not ITV, if it was for the BBC then maybe. ITV will just show the parts that will have some angry gamer shouting 'OMG WTF WALLHAXING N00B'.

If you do it,try and get Trevor McDonald to play, and get battered and make sure that its being filmed.

What kind of n00bs go to your lan parties ? I would hope nobody at a lan would be as stoopid as to cheat with his opponents mere feet away from him

Either way definitely get someone to pretend they are FPS Doug for the day, he is awesome... and who really cares if they make gamers look bad? Im 23, i couldn't care less what people think about me spending an evening gaming

Soldato
i think its a good idea generally because gaming and online gaming needs to become more widespread and more visible.
Mainstream tv is crying out for a tv program which looks at reviews, previews, interviews developers, demos, online gaming leagues, etc etc. (not another Gamesmaster with Domink Diamond though something a bit more mature that doesnt show gamers as all being 15 year old gaming junkies with no life)

millions of people playing online games yet there is no media presence??? crazy!

(apart from a couple of shows on cable/satellite which are not that good tbh)

Soldato
dispell the myth my arse. they just want to spread more media hype because that's what will get more viewers for their program. i'd tell them where to get off if i were you.

Soldato
Loki said:
Apparently Sir Trev wont be there. Be good to get 5 mins to speak to him. Seems to have a world of experience with all the news he has broadcast.

Hmmm Payment you say. Never thought of that ;)
I have a great idea. Get a massive OCUK banner posted in the background of where the camera is being shot.

Soldato
knowing itv they will send martin bashir along and make you out to be a maniac pedo because theres young uns at the lan and theyre staying overnight :rolleyes:

just make sure you get a say in editing or get to see the report before its aired

Zom

Zom

Associate
I'm liking the idea of spoofing them you could also try and get some product placement - contact red bull and ask if they will provide you with free Red Bull etc.
andy8271 said:
knowing itv they will send martin bashir along and make you out to be a maniac pedo because theres young uns at the lan and theyre staying overnight :rolleyes:
LOL

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
I go to, and enjoy LANs.

I can see no way whatsoever that a LAN filmed for television would show anything other than what on the surface appeared to be a bunch of geeks in dark clothing running around going OMG LOL.

quite, I cant see how it wouldnt look like that at all..

Back
Top Bottom