Been hit by another car. Need advice.

Associate
Hi all, I'll try and keep this as short as possible.
Recently while stationary at a junction my car was rammed from the rear by a foreign driver. The car itself had a Polish reg and was a complete pile of crap which looked like it had been in other accidents and probably wouldn't have passed any sort of MOT test.

The (Polish) driver of the vehicle that hit mine then started to say that the damage to my car wasn't done by his car and refused to exchange details or give me his name, so I called the Police.

The guy then starts trying to bribe me with cash but I tell him it's too late and the Police are coming.

Over an hour later :rolleyes: a Policewoman arrived and took some details. To my amazement she seemed to be siding with the Polish guy and saying he couldn't have damaged my car like that! Well sorry, but it was fine when I set out on my journey, and suddenly I'm feeling like the accused instead of the victim here! :mad:

Anyway, she takes photos and gets some details from us both and tells me he's going to dispute the claim! :mad::mad:

Finally get home and phone my insurance people who tell me they can't find his details on the database as his car and insurance are both foreign, and as I'm only third party I'm effectively on my own now.

So what I'm trying to find out now is what options are open to me. I have some details of his insurance in Poland but what should I do to try and claim?

I'm really ****** off with this as it's the second time I've been hit by a Polish driver and the second time I've had major hassle with them.

Feels like I've got a bit of whiplash too ffs! :mad:

v0n

v0n

Soldato
In case like this, just go through ambulance chasers, like Help Hire, you'll pay tiny amount towards "if we don't win" type of insurance but if they take the case, your headache and driver chasing ends there, they will sort out the mess on their own regardless of your insurance level.

Permabanned
set fire to your car claim off insurance and win

your insurance wont help so screw em over

also name and shame them so we dont use the usless *****

Associate
OP
Polish drivers, need to be removed from the road all of them.

If that happened to me I think my temper would have got the better of me to be honest.
As this is the second time I've had to suffer these scammers then I'm inclined to agree. My blood was starting to boil, especially as we could have exchanged details in minutes instead of the hours it took.

Even worse when I told the Policewoman that he'd been trying to bribe me, she looked at me and said 'He doesn't have to pay you anything!' Errr..WTF? :mad:

Seriously thinking of putting a complaint in about the Policewoman as she was far from qualified to be making judgments about the damage to my car and seemed to be effectively calling me the scammer!

Soldato
Even worse when I told the Policewoman that he'd been trying to bribe me, she looked at me and said 'He doesn't have to pay you anything!' Errr..WTF? :mad:

That would have wound me up more than anything. Hard to say if she was being deliberately obstructive or whether she was just unbelievably thick. Both likely options.

Presumably you got her details? Might be worth putting a complaint in if you can spare the time.

Soldato
100% complain about the copper. As for insurance there is no way I would let that be, end of the day the polish driver should not be on the road if you can't cain off his insurance.

Soldato
I'd have to agree with the above, if your insurers are being useless get someone like help hire involved or possibly call your insurer again as you may have just got an employee who has a can't be bothered attitude.

Soldato
Polish drivers, need to be removed from the road all of them.

If that happened to me I think my temper would have got the better of me to be honest.

because you had bad experience, it doesn't mean that all polish drivers are like this one!

PM me all his details(insurance wise) and I will see if I can help with it .

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Help hire and the likes wont be the slightest bit interested -they only take on cases they can be 99% sure wont be a pita - a foreign driver will make them run a country mile.

Back
Top Bottom