Been sent a PSU with a US cable, can I use a socket adapter?

Soldato
Long story short RMAed a PSU, it's been replaced with a 1600w SuperFlower Gold but the UK cable hasn't been sent so I have a US cable, can I until the UK cable turns up just use one of those US to UK adapters that you plug in or do I need to wait for the cable to turn up?

Thanks

Soldato
Long story short RMAed a PSU, it's been replaced with a 1600w SuperFlower Gold but the UK cable hasn't been sent so I have a US cable, can I until the UK cable turns up just use one of those US to UK adapters that you plug in or do I need to wait for the cable to turn up?

This is the cable from the power socket to the PSU? Just use a UK cable. They're just standard C13 (kettle) leads. Just make sure it's rated for 13A.

Soldato
OP
This is the cable from the power socket to the PSU? Just use a UK cable. They're just standard C13 (kettle) leads. Just make sure it's rated for 13A.
Make sure the adaptor is suitable rated. or just use a UK kettle lead.
Sadly not guys, the power cable is a c19 plug, I can't find any online near me that I can go in and buy so it was going to be an adapter that I put the 2 pins in that convert it to the 3 pin. This is the PSU https://www.overclockers.co.uk/supe...0-plus-gold-power-supply-black-ca-032-sf.html

Soldato
OP
Yea' OcUK are sending me a new cable which will be here tomorrow. I've just spent nearly 2 weeks RMAing things and got sent this PSU so need to test things ASAP as tomorrow marks my 14 days return window so I need to get things tested ASAP.

Caporegime
Could you identify the exact lead that came with your PSU after many years? Would you expect the manufacturer to void the warranty is you couldn't return that exact cable (if they even wanted it back)?
would they even ask for the cable for an RMA? don't RMA usually tell you to keep all the cables like when u warranty a laptop usually they only want the actual laptop

Back
Top Bottom