1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beeping motherboard

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by wilko49, 7 Jun 2010.

1. wilko49

Hitman

So... my GA-P55-UD5 has started beeping at random intervals. The sound is a single, short beep, that occurs at seemingly random intervals. My CPU temps are fine (according to CoreTemp), and all of my fans are running. As far as i can tell, everything is working fine... any ideas on what is causing it?

2. Kalearne

Associate

3. Mailman86

Wise Guy

I can remember when I built my first computer, my computer would always beep at me at this certain point in a game. I was certain that something was overheating as it was quite a graphically intense part of the game. Turns out that I was pressing too many keys on my keyboard everytime at that point in the game causing my computer to beep! :o

So don't make the same mistake I did and make sure it's not something silly like that! Otherwise, as Kalearne says.

4. wilko49

Hitman

it is not during post, it is while running windows. And i was not touching the keyboard the last few times it did it, so I doubt it is that... thanks for the help though. any other ideas?

5. Kalearne

Associate

ever spilled any liquids on the keyboard?

6. wilko49

Hitman

no, but i usually have fizzy drinks on my desk, could have got a little bit of spray in it... will take it apart and clean it tonight (needs it doing anyway)