DELETED_5350

Associate
Just to confirm:

It's the alcohol content that gives you the hangover. So if you drink the same number of units of alcohol in spirits or in beer if you don't rehydrate yourself you'll have a hangover. However, there is a line of thinking that cheap mass-produced beers contain additives and preservatives that add to the effect. Germans won't suffer that problem though!

Also alcohol has the same amount of calories no matter what form you drink in. Beer has approx 250 calories per pint (4%) whereas the same quantity of alcohol in spirits would be around 110 calories. However, if you were to add a reasonable quantity of mixer or a can of red bull this could go to way over 300 calories per drink and hence more than a pint of beer.

It isn't the type of drink you're consuming that gives you the beer belly. It's the increased calories from alcohol and the almost inevitable kebab that follows. Men are prone to putting on fat around the gut area which is why women get fat all over and men tend to have big guts first and foremost.

Man of Honour
I can't physically consume more than a couple of pints without feeling blowted let alone drunk.. so after that i hit the spirits..

I also find that if I do drink to much beer, it gives me a hangover wheras I don't suffer from spirits at all..

Back
Top Bottom