Executive Beef 21
Lysander 21
Bickaxe 20
Martynt74 16
Touch 16
Feek 5

Entries

2Wiey9I.png

Interesting week with 2 repeats, I thought this week would be quite open. Maybe those entrants should have played it safe like Ahleckz did and just find a beer with the word 'dark' mentioned in the description.

@Repta gets the bonus points (2) for submitting a beer brewed closest to my house as I live in Fareham.
The closest anyone could have got would have been 5.5 miles for Fallen Acorn Brewing based in Gosport.

Next week should be easy, those that have already sent entries in can still change them to take account of the bonus point on offer. Discussions in the main thread in GD on this one though as I think Feek's idea was to make in more interesting as England has such a large choice available.

Next round: E - Eurovision - Enter a beer from the winning country (Italy) or worst performing country (UK). I'll even allow a beer the name of song from those countries whatever that maybe (by Sat 29th May 5pm)
Bonus Points - 1pt for the strongest ABV.

Soldato
OP
Mine was okay. They do 3 beers in the 'Custard' trilogy and I think the other 2 are nicer (Yellow Matter (Vanilla Wheat) and Pink Matter (Raspberry Milkshake Pale))
This is 7.5% and I think it would be better if it wasn't as strong and a milk stout instead.

Zjkvt2x.jpg

Soldato
OP
You had Dark Matter, I had Dark Matter. I thought my clues might have led you to guess this one ;)

I did in a way but I had Gin in my head so I didn't think too much of it.
I also think its the worst spiced rum I've ever had and am surprised you've got through that much of the bottle.

Soldato
OP
:D
Its one of those drinks you offer to guests that say they like rum. When they ask for another or tell you its good, you know not to offer them the decent stuff.
I'm not sure whether to dock you points for not tipping it away or to give you some extra for persevering.....

Soldato
This one was my entry for Round D:

Y7eku5t.jpg

Once again I haven't tried it yet - though I did crack open my entry for Round B last night which was a Belgian Cherry Wheat Beer that wasn't anywhere near as sweet and sickly as I expected it to be.

It's one I would recommend others to try :)

Soldato
K3dTwgJ.jpg

Here's mine for this week. Very dry, not sure I could taste the seaweed!

20210521-201449.jpg

Soldato
My beer came with an information novel - first time I’ve seen that on a beer and I like the idea.
The beer itself wasn’t for me, too chocolatey and rich.

C8-DD1-B7-D-7-D68-45-A0-AEEA-A0-E5-D7-A8-F72-D.jpg

2-D850-D0-C-A213-42-DF-912-C-88585444-F6-E7.jpg

EC46-EE69-A66-A-4-A60-9-E0-A-7-D20-DB40133-A.jpg

Soldato
Nice local one from me, will be opening tonight.

Unfortunately Dark Side of the Moon is still on my wish list so instead this week's pairing is more for the visuals, so I went with Grimes - Visions. Quite a strong match on those purples I'm sure you'll agree!

xkKGfC6.jpg

Soldato
gOjbEoS.jpg

Not a fan of Ruby ales so was never going to be for me!

Got a few cracking options for next week, just need to decide what to go for!

Associate
Mine was okay. They do 3 beers in the 'Custard' trilogy and I think the other 2 are nicer (Yellow Matter (Vanilla Wheat) and Pink Matter (Raspberry Milkshake Pale))
This is 7.5% and I think it would be better if it wasn't as strong and a milk stout instead.

I’m with you on the other two being nicer, seem to remember the yellow one being particularly nice. This one seemed quite bitter and not quite as smooth/custard-y as the others.

Capodecina
Soldato
Just having my Delirium now. Probably not an ideal Monday night beer at 8.5% but very drinkable.

I'd say i prefer this to the regular delirium.

Mine was very meh. Didn't like it much.

So far for me it's been, with regard to whether I've liked the damn beers or not:

A - No
B - No
C - Yes
D - No

Actually I don't know whether to do England or Italy now for this week. But I hope it's nice.

Back
Top Bottom