Beers of the World 5 - Round E

Soldato
Hi everyone,

Rules: Beers of the World - Mk 5 *** RULES AND SIGNUP HERE ***

E - Eurovision - Enter a beer from the winning country (Italy) or worst performing country (UK)

Leaderboard

Weringo 31
Charlie Bravo 30
Repta 30
Ahleckz 29
Mike the Native 28
Russinating 28
*Touch 28
Executive Beef 27
Lysander 27
Sonea Fifer 27
Bickaxe 26
Martynt74 22
Feek 6

*Jester played

Entries

JUlfuov.png

Not much interest in the bonus point this week with only 3 potential contenders and it goes to @Repta for bravely drinking the treacle-like TNP. No friend bonus on that one though.
I did consider giving to @Feek but gin is not beer so therefore he gets nothing (although the UK shares a land border with Ireland so he does actually get a point)
@touch played his Jester card and catches up in the leaderboard
I am awaiting a pic from one entrant by midnight, if I don't get it, they will forfeit all points for this week.

Next round: F - Five (5.0%) - The abv must be 5.0% (5th June)

Bonus Points - 1pt for the Furthest Brewery from my house.

Capodecina
Soldato
This was mine, from a brewery just down the road in Deptford.

This one gets a personal Barley Award since it was decent. That means I'd buy it again.

Lysander's personal BOTW 5 log:

A - Spencer Trappist Ale - Chaff
B - Duvel666 - Chaff
C - Samuel Smith Organic Chocolate Stout - Barley
D - Delerium Tremens Nocturne - Chaff
E - Soft Suns IPA - Barley
F - ??????? - Barley
G - ??????? - Chaff

Soldato
Here's mine:
bkuHVjk.jpg
From a very small brewery I was driving past. An old farm cottage where the barn is the bewery and the shed is the shop (but they do sell through other shops now too). The guy offered to show us round the brewery but unfortunately we didn't have time. I grabbed a few bottles and was on my way but I may pop back in and take up that offer next time i'm nearby so maybe some more of these for future rounds.
It only had 40 reviews on Untappd and most seemed to have been from people drinking it in local pubs so I was confident that I'd get the bonus point for that so decided to play my jester.

Soldato
I don’t want to upset @Martynt74 but here’s mine, from a UK brewery in Edinburgh:

It’s delicious, everything Vault City do is great tbh.

I must admit, I didn’t try hard with this round. Once the rules were changed I just entered what I had. I actually thought someone would enter TNP so didn’t want to pay for a strong beer and had this in the fridge.

9-E5-E3-E5-A-82-E3-454-A-BC3-F-7-CD437-A514-AF.jpg

Soldato
Haha I’m just trying to kick up a stick because I’m last! Need to try everything I can!

Mine was excellent. It poured a lovely red colour and I couldnt work out what the flavour was until I google “French martini” and found it used Chambord. As soon as I knew that it was obvious.

Soldato
Twas me that forgot to attach the image, but as @Bickaxe knows I followed it up and the below matches my link and the musical pairing... for obvious reasons!

With 25 check ins on Untappd I maybe should have saved it for when that's a bonus point but there goes. I'm sure you'll agree the pairing is uncanny (no pun intended).

mBxtXa9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom