Sonea Fifer 32
Bickaxe 31
Martynt74 28
Feek 6

*Jester played
Leaderboard now updated following votes

Entries

xiaRUiD.png

I think I need to have words with @Feek or at least send him for counselling as I think he's lost the plot.

I'm going to let you guys decide who gets the bonus point this week...
@weringo submitted a beer from USA: Nelson Hose
@Russinating's entry is from Thailand, but according to Untappd, is brewed in Germany: Singha
These beers also had the best and worst overall ratings respectively.

So who gets the extra point? There a is 1000 mile difference in it and nobody else is even close.

And a unruly rulebreaker in the form of @touch. He submitted after the 5pm deadline, should I allow it this time or has he barred himself this week?

Next round: G - Germany - Made in Germany (brewed and canned/bottled) by 5pm Saturday 12th June

Bonus Points - 1pt for lowest monthly check-ins (must be over 50)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
My entry was heavy on the vanilla but nice and light overall. Great summer beer.

Cjdu9SD.jpg

I'm abstaining from any voting (hence why I'm getting you lot to do it)

Capodecina
Soldato
5% Grolsch is so hard to get hold of now, I have no idea why. Everywhere has the yucky 4% stuff now. This is one of the - now rare - 5% versions.

That said, I'm sure this 5% Grolsch tasted different to normal. I've been drinking the stuff for years and it always tasted the same, but this one tasted really quite bland by comparison. I hope they haven't changed the recipe.

Re the extra point, I would be tempted to give it to the USA entry. We can all slap some South-East Asian iconography or emblematic font on our beer, but if it's brewed in Germany that's a bit of a let-down. I could market a beer with Chinese 'origins' and flavours called Ly Xiaon Dah and brew it in my back garden but it's not the same thing as the beer being invented and brewed in China. Even if it's outsourced it's not the same [for me, anyway].

Soldato
The distance is a tricky one. I would always class Singha as a Thai beer (I was looking at Asahi/Cobra type beers but couldn’t find a 0% one). However we have been strict on the location before (namely my Belgian beer) so I’m going to follow previous rules and vote for the USA beer.

As for the late entry I’m happy to allow it.

Soldato
Sorry @Bickaxe I should have taken a photo of the back too for my submission. I got the import version on purpose so should make your bonus decision easy ;)

Rubbish entry from me this week lads, but I really wanted the special bonus point and I was hoping his mates may have not checked in the crappy lagers on Untappd either...

Anyway, hence this week's being paired with Easy Life - Junk Food!

7983vvO.jpg
3I6N2qK.jpg

Soldato
61-FB837-B-21-DD-4-B2-C-A677-00-DFE8-E7549-E.jpg

My one this week, was alright. A nice light wheat beer, lots of fruit. Pretty pleasant, definitely a session beer. I like the bottle lid as well!

Allow the late entry I say!
As for distance, that bottle said it was brewed in Thailand? If you google the brewery, it’s Thailand. The label says product of Thailand. That looks very Thai to me! I accept some May be brewed under license but that looks like the real deal?

Soldato
Here's mine - an orange peel, coriander and sea salt sour. First couple of sips were a bit weird but really enjoyed it after that.

20210604-190521.jpg

That Singha looks Thai to me so happy to miss out on the bonus for this week :)

Soldato
Here's my (late) entry:
wTmvv8N.jpg
Actually bought and drunk 2 weeks ago so I should have just sent it in at the time. In fact, it would have been better to wait and drink it this weekend! It would have been more suited to the sunshine we've had rather than the cold, wet day I did drink it on.

Soldato
If not already obvious i'll change my vote in light of additional evidence!

@Ahleckz Did you see many And Union beers in bottles where you bought that? I've only seen it in 330ml cans.

Yea, they had that one and the Saturday -
An unfiltered lager - both in bottle. I haven’t seen the cans myself.

Here's mine - an orange peel, coriander and sea salt sour. First couple of sips were a bit weird but really enjoyed it after that.

20210604-190521.jpg

That Singha looks Thai to me so happy to miss out on the bonus for this week :)

that sounds delicious, will have to try and find a bottle!

Soldato
OP
Have updated the OP to reflect the bonus point.

That Nelson Hose does sound good.
I think the Singha is actually this one (orginal Thai beer) in which case @Lysander submitted the worst beer of the week in form of Grolsch (225k people can't be wrong) :D

Soldato
Have updated the OP to reflect the bonus point.

That Nelson Hose does sound good.
I think the Singha is actually this one (orginal Thai beer) in which case @Lysander submitted the worst beer of the week in form of Grolsch (225k people can't be wrong) :D

Does that mean I also get a bonus for your mates not having checked it in? Unless they're 1 of the 16 total check ins in which case I'm flipping my **** :cry:

Back
Top Bottom