Russinating 63
Executive Beef 62
Bickaxe 60
Martynt74 58
Lysander 49
*Feek 18

*Jester played

Entries

(Imgur wasn't working so went with ImgBB, hopefully it appears for you)

There a lot of beers with Light in the name but in my wisdom, I altered the theme to see how creative you could be and a couple of you went with it.
@MikeTheNative went with pictures, well played sir (I didn't see it so had to check with him...so obvious)
@Sonea Fifer used the colour descriptor on the can
@Ahleckz gets the bonus point for the closest brewery to my house. Not for friends though as local enough to pick a few up.
Also, more repeat beers!! Nobody like a repeating beer, especially not @Martynt74 and myself as its the 3rd time for both us.

Next round:
Hard mode: M = Me - Must have Mark in the beer name (an 2 extra points for this)
Easy mode: M = Marriage - The beer must be a collaboration (24th July)

Bonus Points - 2pts for the weakest ABV (2.7% minimum)

Last edited:
Soldato
Woohoo! I was purposefully playing for the bonus point this week, did forget about your friends though.

Another beer I’ve yet to open, bought it en route to a BBQ yesterday but decided to drive home so stayed off the drink.

Next week is going to be interesting, the 2 bonus points may force some jokers out…

CA637-E40-5-FD0-4050-A3-DD-58-D0-FDA61-DD8.jpg

Soldato
Ooh 2 bonus points for a weak beer might shift my focus from my “Mark” beer.

Although I suppose at least this points are guaranteed even if I do end up with a duplicate and with me a duplicate seems likely!

I’m looking for a non alcoholic beer made by a brewery ran by a married couple, where the bloke is called Mark. What do you reckon?..

Soldato
Haven't had mine yet as beer i wanted was out of stock so this was a quick panic buy at Sainsburys!

YLnKlyN.jpg

Got a cracking beer for next week that works for both Hard and Easy mode, though wont be lowest ABV which is a shame!

Soldato
OP
Is there a minimum ABV for this bonus for it to count as a beer in the first place?

Yes, the lowest ABV I've seen entered so far is 2.7% so we will go with that.

I’m looking for a non alcoholic beer made by a brewery ran by a married couple, where the bloke is called Mark. What do you reckon?..

Thats quite an ask, maybe next time.

I've found next week's entry, just hope it arrives in time. It won't be the lowest ABV though,.

Soldato
Yes, the lowest ABV I've seen entered so far is 2.7% so we will go with that.

Thats quite an ask, maybe next time.

I've found next week's entry, just hope it arrives in time. It won't be the lowest ABV though,.

0% beer is still beer? No reason you shouldn’t be able to enter a non-alcoholic.

Soldato
Here's mine (and by that logic also @Charlie Bravo's)

ymfK4ua.png

Posted my thoughts in another thread. It was ok for me, but felt like it was missing some punch based on it's flavours for me. Some lighter beers seem to do this better or work to their limits, but it had the impression of something designed to be stronger and then made lighter if that makes sense.

Maybe just something in the Extra Pale Ale style that's not for me.

Commissario
Oh bloody typical.

I went through every bottle of gin I have and couldn't find the word 'light' on any of them.

It was our anniversary on Sunday and Mrs. Feek bought me a bottle of gin.

jihgzUB.jpeg

*sigh*

Capodecina
Soldato
Let's just ignore I had a Non acholic beer for the holiday round........ :p
i think it was 0.5, it was awful though. I would not recommended buying an non acholic.

I've tried pretty much all the non-alcoholic beers there are in the supermarket. They are all awful. Ghost Ship, Erdinger, Nanny State, St Christopher's, Brooklyn, all disgusting. Most of them are undrinkable. You're better off spending your money on a soft drink or juice that you actually know you'll enjoy.

The only one that's passable is Beck's Blue, very cold.

As for this round, I forgot about it, again. That's three rounds I've scored no points in so far. Will try to get an 'M' in this Friday.

Soldato
I've tried pretty much all the non-alcoholic beers there are in the supermarket. They are all awful. Ghost Ship, Erdinger, Nanny State, St Christopher's, Brooklyn, all disgusting. Most of them are undrinkable. You're better off spending your money on a soft drink or juice that you actually know you'll enjoy.

The only one that's passable is Beck's Blue, very cold.

As for this round, I forgot about it, again. That's three rounds I've scored no points in so far. Will try to get an 'M' in this Friday.

Agreed on the NA beers, the best i've found is the Brooklyn one for me but still not anything that i wanted to drink more than a bottle of for experimental purposes. They all seem to have a weird chemically taste to them for me.

Same with NA red wine. It just doesn't even pass for a pleasant drink and as you say you're better with a soft drink.

The only thing i do quite like is the Seedlip "gins", i think they're pretty good with tonic and can feel quite summary. I've heard poor things about the alternatives to Rum/Whisky though.

Back
Top Bottom