Beers of the World 5 - Round M

Soldato
Hi everyone,

Rules: Beers of the World - Mk 5 *** RULES AND SIGNUP HERE ***

Hard mode: M = Me - Must have Mark in the beer name (an 2 extra points for this)
Easy mode: M = Marriage - The beer must be a collaboration

Leaderboard

*Weringo 90
*Charlie Bravo 85
*Repta 81
Ahleckz 79
*Executive Beef 78
*Touch 76
*Martynt74 70
Mike the Native 69
Sonea Fifer 69
Bickaxe 67
Russinating 63
Lysander 49
*Feek 18

*Jester played

Entries
Ey7Yvcu.png

An incredible 4 Jesters played this round.
A couple of repeats, both @Martynt74 & Myself making that 4 times now.
I gave a point to @Sonea Fifer for making me laugh for his entry (that won't happen again). Sadly @Russinating, thats not my name.
@Ahleckz gets the bonus point for his weak entry
@Repta, how did you get hold of that? Its the one I was looking for.

Next round: N - Non alcoholic - Max 0.5% abv (31st July)

Bonus Points - 1pt for fewest total check ins (minimum 75)

Soldato
My original "Mark" was Pentrich Mark it Zero, then I spotted this one a couple of weeks ago. Lucky I did!

Capture.png

Soldato
Sadly @Russinating, thats not my name.

Booooo :p. It is in Spanish :D (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Marcos for everyone else). Could have easily got a collab but I had to take a risk missing K. As long as no other entries qualify with foreign languages I'm content ;).

H1rm6Gp.jpg

This was my second choice. Thoughts?! It's Marks and Spencer's Critus Pale Ale but the M&S bit is missing from the name on Untappd, even though the brewery is Fourpure, which was confusing.

gLp49ZG.jpg

Soldato
Haven't had mine yet, can't really take much credit for finding it. Friend from Birmingham gave me a few Dig Brew beers and it happened to be one of them!

KmVcykK.jpg

Soldato
I didn’t think I was going to get the bonus for lowest ABV. It’s surprisingly tricky isn’t it, craft beer isn’t known for low abvs.

LHG have shown up 3 times for me I think!
1-D283-CB6-D745-4-EC4-B67-D-E6-C824-C285-BF.jpg

I’ve yet to try this actually, killer hangover on Sunday and I’m off it this week (for now…)

Soldato
My week off drinking didn’t last long. Poured my entry. It’s alright, I like the fresh hippiness. Not sure I’ve had motueka hops before. 0 IBU but the hop flavour is there.
pretty different for me, but a good session pale ale. Only 4.2% as well. Perfect post house clean beer!

Soldato
@Sonea Fifer

You sharing what your entry is or what? I'm on tenterhooks!

He's on holiday so won't be able to respond for a while.

Thank you @Bickaxe - while I could have used my entry from the previous round for a safe collaboration entry I figured it's all in fun and it's all about trying something new (this wasn't new) but the idea was.

My entry for this particular round was never meant to be to be contentious but I had a few labels printed and decided to fire this off as my entry:

0WxUZBP.jpg

NwXDgSY.jpg

Came out with one point more than I expected to be quite fair :cry:

Soldato
OP
Funny you've tried that though, i was trying to sweet talk one brewery to print something for me for the holiday round!

You sneaky devil, I'll watch out for those sort of shenanigans now.

I gave the point as it made me chuckle and there was effort involved. Minimal, but its till effort.
But making your own label in my book constitutes as home brew which is why this was a one off.

Back
Top Bottom