Beers of the World - Mk 5 *** RULES AND SIGNUP HERE ***

Soldato
I may have crashed out of this one. My local didn't have anything that related to a holiday, so I got something which is as closely related as I could get, but it's a tenuous link and I totally understand if Bickaxe throws it out.

Fully expecting nil points for this week.

Same for me, had to try and be a bit creative this week.

Soldato
Entry in exactly at 1700, completely forgot I hadn't sent it again. Girlfriend is unimpressed I dragged her out of homebase to rush back home!

Soldato
My Ireland beer is absolutely disgusting and nothing like any American Pale Ale I’ve ever had before.

Was a much harder round than I was initially expecting. Found a local(ish) tap room with one on tap. Just headed down and wish I hadn’t ordered a full pint. Going to have to have a consolation second.

Soldato
Actually. Could be this place just destroys beer.

I’ve just gone for half of an IPA which gets over 4 on Untappd so you’d think it’d be great but it just doesn’t taste right at all. Especially for something that’s described as “a tropical punch to the chops”…..

Capodecina
Soldato
I'm probably going to go with standard Guinness. It will be harder to get something else but at least I'll get five points, which is better than the zero I got last week.

Soldato
That was the original idea of the whole competition when it started many years ago.
With quite a small number of players this year and what seems to be double the amount of small craft breweries each year it's not too difficult to find a unique beer - I think there's only been 1 round so far where there were non-unique entries?

Soldato
OP
That was the original idea of the whole competition when it started many years ago.
With quite a small number of players this year and what seems to be double the amount of small craft breweries each year it's not too difficult to find a unique beer - I think there's only been 1 round so far where there were non-unique entries?

Yep and twice in the same round too.

Might have to restrict things a bit further in the future as its just too open.

Back
Top Bottom