Beers of the World - Mk 5 *** RULES AND SIGNUP HERE ***

Soldato
As long as macca isn`t anywhere near it, I might consider entering.

Talking of which has anyone actually seen DJ in recent years?

Sadly not, when i saw this thread i checked his profile but looks like he's not been around for a long time. Hope he's doing ok as i recall he was struggling with depression wasn't he (part of why he stopped drinking?)

Soldato
I'm just going to go to the local off licence. They do quite an impressive foreign selection. Not going to start ordering online to get the most obscure beers.

That's what I thought, could get expensive. An excuse to explore what is available locally I suppose.

Soldato
OP
What's the rules for the country rounds? Does it need to actually be brewed in the listed country?
For example, is Budweiser considered an American beer because it's an American brand or not because the Budweiser we get over here isn't actually brewed in America?

*No, I'm not going to drink or enter Budweiser, just using it as a well-known example.

Brewed and canned/bottled in America.
So something like Bud probably wouldn't count.
Feel free to send proof of this in the email.

Where is everyone sourcing their beers from?

Local if possible as my local alehouse gets all sorts of stuff in but some are more obscure so I'll be hitting various websites or breweries for delivery.
The H and X categories spring to mind as being harder to source locally.

Soldato
I've got a mystery box from flavourly that will work for a few. Then going to have to split the rest between the local tesco and a random corner shop that usually has a decent selection of more obscure beers. I might have to have a trip to Newport to visit the beer shop there though.

Soldato
OP
I've got a mystery box from flavourly that will work for a few. Then going to have to split the rest between the local tesco and a random corner shop that usually has a decent selection of more obscure beers. I might have to have a trip to Newport to visit the beer shop there though.

They have a beer shop now? I moved 5 years ago and Tiny Rebel was quite handy

Capodecina
Soldato
Local if possible as my local alehouse gets all sorts of stuff in but some are more obscure so I'll be hitting various websites or breweries for delivery.
The H and X categories spring to mind as being harder to source locally.

I have a great one for the X category, something came to mind straight away. I'll be going into Central London for that one.

Soldato
I have received 3 entries from you.

That's awesome thank you - more to follow within the next few weeks.

Where is everyone sourcing their beers from?

Various sources, though like many others I haven't ordered anything on line. However I do still have a few beers left over last years my Christmas beer advent calendar that could be used. ;)

Soldato
Picked up my beers for the first 4 weeks and also the non alcoholic one. It’s a non alcoholic NE IPA so curious how that actually tastes!

My American one was raved about so much by the shop owner I bought the last 6. Fingers crossed it’s worth it!

Will get the photos over at some point. I’m not supposed to be drinking at the moment (slight lapse on Saturday) but now I have these I’m not sure how that’ll last!

Back
Top Bottom