Beers of the World - Mk 5 *** RULES AND SIGNUP HERE ***

Capodecina
Soldato
I only have 5 left to find. My plan was to get everything entered before May 1st but its not looking good. A-L are done though so I have plenty of time.

I'll be doing mine week to week, makes it more interesting for me. Don't know why people are doing it so far in advance.

Soldato
I'll be doing mine week to week, makes it more interesting for me. Don't know why people are doing it so far in advance.

For me it was lack of availability for the earlier 2 rounds. Most places near me focus on UK/Local beers so getting an American one seems tricky these days. Especially compared to the old days before the craft scene in the UK exploded and all you seemed to be able to find was US beers!

I was in Chorlton and there's a great wine shop there so i popped in and grabbed a few.

When i used to work in Manchester i also aimed to play weekly, it definitely makes it more exciting, used to have a great chat with the guys in Beermoth each week, they still remember me now as "that beer competition guy" and i don't go in very often. Nothing like the deadline day panic!

I think my aim will be to drink/enter my beers on a weekly basis though.

Capodecina
Soldato
For me it was lack of availability for the earlier 2 rounds. Most places near me focus on UK/Local beers so getting an American one seems tricky these days. Especially compared to the old days before the craft scene in the UK exploded and all you seemed to be able to find was US beers!

I was in Chorlton and there's a great wine shop there so i popped in and grabbed a few.

When i used to work in Manchester i also aimed to play weekly, it definitely makes it more exciting, used to have a great chat with the guys in Beermoth each week, they still remember me now as "that beer competition guy" and i don't go in very often. Nothing like the deadline day panic!

I think my aim will be to drink/enter my beers on a weekly basis though.

Yes, I take your point. I suppose availability is the reason for most. I suppose I'm lucky because where I live there's a lot of variety. I see America is proving tricky for some, whereas I'm kind of spoiled for choice with that one.

Soldato
I guess it doesn't help that a few of the "original" American breweries like Goose etc sold out and are brewed over in Europe now too.

I'm excited for my US beer now, i seem to be stockpiling beer at the moment and it's not helping me not drink. I'd forgot about that free Brewdog subscription box until it turned up yesterday!

Soldato
OP
I figure by doing mine all in advance and having access to everyone's entries, it would be fairer.
Entering weekly is probably a better way to go in order to keep track and gives you a better chance for the bonus points.

My HonestBrew order arrived yesterday so I ticked off quite a few.
It seems that somewhere in my ordering, I forgot what I was doing and ordered some other beers that do not fit the categories :D

Soldato
My HonestBrew order arrived yesterday so I ticked off quite a few.
It seems that somewhere in my ordering, I forgot what I was doing and ordered some other beers that do not fit the categories :D

Haha i kept convincing myself that "C" was for coffee instead of Chocolate and then had to stop myself.

Also kept spotting beers that looked delicious and thought "Wish that was one of the round options, oh well i'll buy it anyway" :D

In theory, i guess by buying seasonal beers now for later in the competition almost guarantees points as it won't be available in 6 months time :p

Associate
Also kept spotting beers that looked delicious and thought "Wish that was one of the round options, oh well i'll buy it anyway" :D

Yeah, there’s going to have to get some self-control otherwise I’ll spend a fortune. There’s several really good shops near me that I’ll hit up for this comp. But they’re all like an Aladdins Cave, I just want everything that looks interesting.

Soldato
Agh must get mine in tomorrow! Shouldn't forget.

Yeah i keep thinking this. In fact i'm going to go and get my picture taken right now!

Only 16 signups! Cmon lads.

Hopefully most people participate for the long run, from memory, there are often quite a few "Bar stool fallers". Especially with some of the less active posters.

Soldato
Also @Bickaxe I've just sent my american beer over. I went off your photo for what i wrote, then when i've been looking for the email address you mention that you wanted the date too.

Let me know if i can get a pass for this week, or if you want me to retake the photo :)

I haven't included the date on any of the three entries I've emailed off so far - hopefully they'll be okay . . .

Soldato
Where do you have to put the date? I think that means if you emailed and forgot to put what week it's for the subject line
I've just put OCUK BOTW and forum name on my photos as per example. Then emailed with subject BOTW A

Soldato
I think it means you need to specify in the email which round/date the entry is for.

Yeah I've done that :)

Where do you have to put the date? I think that means if you emailed and forgot to put what week it's for the subject line
I've just put OCUK BOTW and forum name on my photos as per example. Then emailed with subject BOTW A

Exactly what I have done as well :cool:

Back
Top Bottom