1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beers of the World - Mk 5 *** RULES AND SIGNUP HERE ***

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bickaxe, 5 Apr 2021.

Tags:
  1. Bickaxe

Sgarrista

Yep, as above. It's to avoid any confusion on my part especially if you enter the same beer for multiple weeks.
    Subject line should make it obvious but its a just in case.

2. Martynt74

Capodecina

Cheers for clarifying, i came across a few old pictures on my phone where i think we used to include the data in the picture :)

3. Russinating

Capodecina

A is in :cool:

Is this going to get moved to La Cuisine come Saturday?

4. Charlie Bravo

Mobster

Also submitted mine :cool:

5. Feek

Commissario

I have submitted my A entry.

6. Bickaxe

Sgarrista

I'll include the link in each week's post, unless a mod wants to move it now on the off chance a few more people see it?

This should be good, still going with the gin?

7. MikeTheNative

Sgarrista

I've emailed A-C, need a beerfor D although I know what beer I want. Then got them all till M.
    I know bickaxe isn't posting photos of all beers but I assume most members will be?

Last edited: 30 Apr 2021
  8. Bickaxe

Sgarrista

People are free to post pics, review their beer etc... and even justify their terrible choices. Its all about enjoying it and maybe even learning or trying something different.

9. touch

Capodecina

I'm guessing that he's still going to post a list of which beers people have entered?
    There's no need for the photos in that case - in fact, half the time I can't even tell what a beer is from the photos anyway so text would be more useful. Modern artistic labels don't always have the name of the beer on it (and sometimes no text at all) so if you don't recognise it you won't know what it is.

10. MikeTheNative

Sgarrista

Anytime in a pub or shop when I see something new I have to try it, looking forward to seeing people's posts.

11. Martynt74

Capodecina

Yeah, i'll be posting my pictures, especially as a lot will (hopefully) be quite unusual. Wouldn't mind tasting comments too if possible although that may not always be possible for people who've submitted in advance :)

Last edited: 30 Apr 2021
  12. Russinating

Capodecina

I included a link to my beer on Untappd as well. I'm sure it'll help @Bickaxe generally, and definitely for the bonus point.

Will post the photo myself on the results for sure.

13. Martynt74

Capodecina

Ah dammit, i forgot the untapped bonus point scoring. I don't think mine is actually rated very well :(

It's stupid to rush out now to look for an alternative right?

14. Russinating

Capodecina

It's just whether his friends have checked in with it or not... I think?! So doesn't matter if it's **** water. In fact the worse the beer the more likely a bonus point :cool:

15. Martynt74

Capodecina

Oh yeah. I thought there was discussion around changing to the "highest rated beer"

In that case i'll remain slightly hopeful.

16. Ahleckz

Capodecina

I've completely forgotten about this, may have to be a supermarket entry. Eugh!

17. Lysander

Capodecina

Budweiser :(

18. MikeTheNative

Sgarrista

Doesn't even count does it as it's actually made here? Not too far from me actually. Could use it for Wales lol

19. Ahleckz

Capodecina

Don’t think I could do that to myself! My local has turned itself into a small bottle shop as it’s not allowed to open yet so maybe they’ll have something.

20. R-evans

Wise Guy

I remember a few years ago when I participated this was an issue, I can't remember who ran it back then but they accepted Carling as a UK beer, even though the company was founded in Canada and wasn't sold in the UK until over 100 years later. I kinda lost interest after that.

It's good to be clear with the country specifics before starting, but that was a bit of a mental decision in my eyes.